Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd guess we're hoping Yeboah clears waivers and he can just be brought back when Hendon hopefully passes his physical. Not that he will play a bunch. More so that we just don't really have 1 TE and he'd just be taking Herndon's roster spot. 

Why waive Yeboah then?  If JD knew he was going to cut Griffin and Brown and trade Herndon, it just not make sense to waive Yeboah just to bring him back.  Should have just kept him.  There may be more roster juggling games that I am not aware of, but I just don't see the sense in this. 

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Why waive Yeboah then?  If JD knew he was going to cut Griffin and Brown and trade Herndon, it just not make sense to waive Yeboah just to bring him back.  Should have just kept him.  There may be more roster juggling games that I am not aware of, but I just don't see the sense in this. 

We're minus 1 player pretty much right now. So someone has to get added to get us to 53 once the trade goes through today. So when the rosters had to be trimmed yesterday, the trade hadn't gone through yet. Same as MIN actually is about to have 1 too many players after today and have to cut someone to make room for Herndon. So once Herndon is officially traded... we can add a player without cutting anyone. We couldn't keep Yeboah bc that would've put us at 54.

It's purely a guess that we bring back Yeboah and put him on the 53. But you better believe that a TE will be added to the 53 in some sort of way IMO. There's no way we roll with just Kroft and Wesco active. 

Looking at the list of names that were released, I can see us adding a RG, TE, DE, LB, and CB over the next couple of days. Safety is very possible as well. Bengals waived Michael Jordan, I can see us adding him since we have 3 OGs at the moment. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Looking at the list of names that were released, I can see us adding a RG, TE, DE, LB, and CB over the next couple of days. Safety is very possible as well. Bengals waived Michael Jordan, I can see us adding him since we have 3 OGs at the moment. 

Veterans- LB, TE, CB

Kids- whoever.