5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

So far, Jets have added 3 defensive players to the roster. umm. 

Tim Ward - Claimed

Quincy Williams - Claimed

Sheldrick Redwine - Signed

Are these three guys from BIANCONERS Manchester united team ?

I feel a Crowder for a TE trade coming up. I feel like Zach Ertz is coming. 

But for the 3 new guys we've added on defense. They are solid. I like the Ward pick the most. Him beating out the other DE's wouldn't shock me. 

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I feel a Crowder for a TE trade coming up. I feel like Zach Ertz is coming. 

But for the 3 new guys we've added on defense. They are solid. I like the Ward pick the most. Him beating out the other DE's wouldn't shock me. 

Nope.  Jets just signed back two TEs.

Today was a loss for us IMO. We cut a starting CB and did nothing worth a darn on the waiver wire when we’re 2nd on it. Bringing in a few guys that won’t play for us. Or I should say shouldn’t play for us.

So on a day where we should’ve been adding talent. We instead cut a starter

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Today was a loss for us IMO. We cut a starting CB and did nothing worth a darn on the waiver wire when we’re 2nd on it. Bringing in a few guys that won’t play for us. Or I should say shouldn’t play for us.

So on a day where we should’ve been adding talent. We instead cut a starter

I have to agree, these moves today are way over my head. I feel we are just treading water with those moves.  what are we back to four TE again, and none of them are real pass catching TE's.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

our roster is really bad lol. 4-13. i can already feel it. we will be picking top 5 again.

I think the most important thing this year is protecting Wilson.  Becton returning to form and AVT stepping in quickly and effectively.  Seeing Moore and a run game develop is also important.  But I think the holes in a number of places ... edge and especially CB's.  We knew this would be at least a 2 year rebuild.  Around draft time, when the issue of drafting Wilson or trading down for extra picks was discussed, this was a pretty contentious issue.  I was on the fence but leaned towards trading down and building infrastructure prior to drafting a QB.  In hindsight, Wilson looks like the right choice, but the alternate approach has some validity.  How has AVT played?  I thought he was injured in early in pre-season but have not heard any status updates .... live in Colo now.

Bless Austin isn't good. 

Douglas basically said that the Jets goals are development and progress this season, not about winning.  They are trying to start a culture and build for long term success not playoff birth one season then fall off to garbage. 

They tried to trade Austin but no one wanted to deal for him.