Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

Its amazing how big Becton is but he doesn't look fat, the guy is just massive and built like a tank. I hope he takes it to the next level this season, he could have such a special career he has all the talent to be an ALL PRO LT. 

And I am excited to see this DL in action, so much talent on it. Carl Lawson might finally end our lack of edge pressure since Abraham. 

Edited by NYJets4716

46 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

This team is going to start a bunch of rookies or get significant playing time.

QB-Zach Wilson

RB-Michael Carter (I think hes our best RB)

WR-Elijah Moore (Could be our best WR)

LG-AVT

WLB-HAMSAH NASIRILDEEN

CB-Michael Carter is looking like the guy they want to be the nickel back.  And others might end up starting like Pinnock or Echols.  Can't sleep on Dunn either. 

Going to be a interesting season with this many young players starting and playing significant time. 

It’s a developmental year so we’ll have growing pains all over. By year 3 all those guys you mentioned should be seasoned and we should be contenders if it all works out.

52 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s a developmental year so we’ll have growing pains all over. By year 3 all those guys you mentioned should be seasoned and we should be contenders if it all works out.

Especially with having a ton of draft picks again for next draft, not having to take a QB this time and can add talent all over. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims is going to be hard to gage where he sits with us. He gets starting reps sometimes and then is with the 3rd team others. Hopefully he embraces the competition and can stay healthy and earn starting reps.

I think they’re going to use him in a very specific deep roll/PA(because of his ability as a blocker) till his route running becomes more consistent 

Yeah I am curious with Mims. The thing with Mims is, hes never been a WR that gets huge separation. He is the guy who has a huge wingspan and makes contested grabs and can turn his body around to make crazy grabs.  

I think Elijah Moore is actually special though, the way he runs reminds me of Antonio Brown. 

• Like 1

There was a throw today from practice where Wilson had this sick throw. He was moving to the right and quickly just zips this ball over the middle to Elijah Moore who dives and grabs it in good coverage. 

Man these 2 can be fun to watch.  Just watching some throws from Wilson in practice, its clear we never had a QB with this kind of talent. Hopefully it works out. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Who's been getting the starting reps in the secondary besides Hall and Maye?

Austin from what I've heard is starting CB opposite Hall and Joyner is safety.  Carter and Guidry have been mixing time inside.

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims is going to be hard to gage where he sits with us. He gets starting reps sometimes and then is with the 3rd team others. Hopefully he embraces the competition and can stay healthy and earn starting reps.

It really is, he didn't catch to many pass last year for one reason or another, but when he did he average 15 yards per catch.

Kind of have to treat this year like Mims rookie year again. Missed a ton last year, maybe wasnt 100%, didn’t get many targets from Sam who struggled greatly. I’m glad we added the players we did honestly. Let him develop. Doesn’t have to be the guy yet. New system, new coaches, absorb everything and take it a day at a time. Nice to hear he’s making a few plays too. This is really his first camp. Even with less preseason games I am excited to see these guys get some reps. We don’t have loads of talent yet but we are getting deeper and there’s no reason we can’t be competitive in just about every game. 

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Kind of have to treat this year like Mims rookie year again. Missed a ton last year, maybe wasnt 100%, didn’t get many targets from Sam who struggled greatly. I’m glad we added the players we did honestly. Let him develop. Doesn’t have to be the guy yet. New system, new coaches, absorb everything and take it a day at a time. Nice to hear he’s making a few plays too. This is really his first camp. Even with less preseason games I am excited to see these guys get some reps. We don’t have loads of talent yet but we are getting deeper and there’s no reason we can’t be competitive in just about every game. 

Agreed. But we start giving Cole WAY more reps than him. And his confidence just plummets. Which is drastic for a players career.

The idea of trading Crowder earns up to me everyday. Not just for draft capital going forward… but to clear space for these young guys. Guarantee Moore is starting and for sure get Mims reps (even if it’s as the 4th WR).

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. But we start giving Cole WAY more reps than him. And his confidence just plummets. Which is drastic for a players career.

The idea of trading Crowder earns up to me everyday. Not just for draft capital going forward… but to clear space for these young guys. Guarantee Moore is starting and for sure get Mims reps (even if it’s as the 4th WR).

I dunno man I understand your point and it’s not wrong but this is a mans game. Best players have to play. Cole is a fine receiver and if he’s giving Wilson better reps and getting open, so be it. I care way more about Wilson developing confidence than I do Mims. Sometimes it takes receivers more time. Corey Davis is a good example. We will see how it goes. Overall I want a player who gets motivated by competition. I still have faith in Mims. Time will tell and even if this isn’t a great year for him it doesn’t mean he’s a bust. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I dunno man I understand your point and it’s not wrong but this is a mans game. Best players have to play. Cole is a fine receiver and if he’s giving Wilson better reps and getting open, so be it. I care way more about Wilson developing confidence than I do Mims. Sometimes it takes receivers more time. Corey Davis is a good example. We will see how it goes. Overall I want a player who gets motivated by competition. I still have faith in Mims. Time will tell and even if this isn’t a great year for him it doesn’t mean he’s a bust. 

I do agree that Wilson developing is vastly more important than Mims obviously. But if you can have young WRs developing at the same time as the young QB... that's great.