Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I do agree that Wilson developing is vastly more important than Mims obviously. But if you can have young WRs developing at the same time as the young QB... that's great.

Well it definitely looks like we have at least one haha. Fans will be quick to give up on Mims but there is still plenty of upside there even if this year doesn’t go as planned. It’s also the first day of pads. He’s just got to make the most of his opportunities now. 

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Well it definitely looks like we have at least one haha. Fans will be quick to give up on Mims but there is still plenty of upside there even if this year doesn’t go as planned. It’s also the first day of pads. He’s just got to make the most of his opportunities now. 

This is why it’s good to double dip at certain positions. If Mims doesn’t develop, it’s not crippling because we also added Elijah Moore. And Moore does look like the real deal. Davis, Moore, Cole and Crowder are very good. Not writing off Mims by any means. It’s just that, he’s not a critical player any more. 

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Kind of have to treat this year like Mims rookie year again. Missed a ton last year, maybe wasnt 100%, didn’t get many targets from Sam who struggled greatly. I’m glad we added the players we did honestly. Let him develop. Doesn’t have to be the guy yet. New system, new coaches, absorb everything and take it a day at a time. Nice to hear he’s making a few plays too. This is really his first camp. Even with less preseason games I am excited to see these guys get some reps. We don’t have loads of talent yet but we are getting deeper and there’s no reason we can’t be competitive in just about every game. 

All we gotta do is look at #84 on our very own team. Took him a while in Tennessee but eventually he found his game. Mims will get a shot to prove himself, no need to rush it. It’s actually funny because, not to bring him up, but all we heard was about not giving up on Sam because he was so young and yet there’s already question marks about our year 2 receiver. I understand the fan base is starving but RELAX lol

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All we gotta do is look at #84 on our very own team. Took him a while in Tennessee but eventually he found his game. Mims will get a shot to prove himself, no need to rush it. It’s actually funny because, not to bring him up, but all we heard was about not giving up on Sam because he was so young and yet there’s already question marks about our year 2 receiver. I understand the fan base is starving but RELAX lol

Well Davis was given a bit of a pass Bc of not the best QB play. Hopefully that’s not an issue here. And Mims has just himself to look at. Not his QB.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Well Davis was given a bit of a pass Bc of not the best QB play. Hopefully that’s not an issue here. And Mims has just himself to look at. Not his QB.

That’s not why he was critiqued though. He just wasn’t living up to expectations. Even in 2019 with better QB play he still didn’t take that step but last year he improved with the threat of a strong run game and Brown flanked opposite him. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s not why he was critiqued though. He just wasn’t living up to expectations. Even in 2019 with better QB play he still didn’t take that step but last year he improved with the threat of a strong run game and Brown flanked opposite him. 

I think it had more to do with his draft spot. Expectations were high for him Bc of that. He was never not good. It was just that he wasn’t the next Julio.

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Agreed. Also thought of Corey Davis as well . Deep group. 

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Vet QB Josh Johnson signed.

I'm cool with this. It does feel like we were waiting for another option to become available but couldn't wait any longer. It's good to have a vet Wilson can learn the small things from. 

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Eli Moore is gonna be our #1 by the end of the year... 

Would be great if we could have a few stud WRs. Ideally Davis, Moore and Mims. Bc they’re here awhile. But it appears Cole is getting starting reps. So doubt Mims is going to be getting many snaps come Week 1. At least that’s how it appears to trending.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Would be great if we could have a few stud WRs. Ideally Davis, Moore and Mims. Bc they’re here awhile. But it appears Cole is getting starting reps. So doubt Mims is going to be getting many snaps come Week 1. At least that’s how it appears to trending.

If I had to put money on it Moore, Davis, and Cole will be our starters with Mims in a sub package role. Just think until he refines his route running and consistency he’s not going to see starter reps

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Connor Hughes said, and Mike LaFleur alluded to it, but everything skill player wise is going to be by committee/situational. The thing is, Hughes said, Moore is going to make damn near impossible to take him out the game.

This is a problem we’ve never had lol. Can’t wait to see it against an actual opponent.