Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Connor Hughes said, and Mike LaFleur alluded to it, but everything skill player wise is going to be by committee/situational. The thing is, Hughes said, Moore is going to make damn near impossible to take him out the game.

This is a problem we’ve never had lol. Can’t wait to see it against an actual opponent.

Moore more so than anyone can play all the WR positions. So I agree he will be hard to take out of the game unless he’s tired. Also we have to be realistic and realize not everyone will be healthy every week, so the pecking order can change. But it does look like they’re trying to make Mims and Davis better in short areas. Not relying as much on there body and contact. I think it will make them more well rounded WRs. But I’m not huge on trying to change what makes a player good. So hopefully they toe this line with respecting players skills sets and utilizing them, rather than change them.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Moore more so than anyone can play all the WR positions. So I agree he will be hard to take out of the game unless he’s tired. Also we have to be realistic and realize not everyone will be healthy every week, so the pecking order can change. But it does look like they’re trying to make Mims and Davis better in short areas. Not relying as much on there body and contact. I think it will make them more well rounded WRs. But I’m not huge on trying to change what makes a player good. So hopefully they toe this line with respecting players skills sets and utilizing them, rather than change them.

This is the time to work on those details however. So, like you said, a guy gets banged up we aren’t forced to put a guy in a position he doesn’t have experience in. 

We have the depth, now we need the versatility and then week to week increase the consistency. 

I wish the staff would try Fant at RG. Saleh keeps saying him and Moses are battling for the RT spot. Let’s be real… there’s no way Fant wins that job unless Moses gets injured. So why not try Fant out at RG? GVR be Fant is a closer competition than Fant vs Moses. And especially with the G depth right now down with a couple nagging injuries. 

• Like 1

Well it is over Mims is not going to be a jet or a regular inactive during games. He is 6th on the WR chart and it is being reported that the Jets are looking to trade him. I expect nothing more than a swap of draft picks or a day 3 pick. I was one of the very few that did not like this pick. I think he will be out of the league in a few years. Another problem with Mims is he can't play special teams either. Just put it up as another second round bust for the Jets. I sure hope Moore is worth all this hype because seriously how many second round bust in a row has this been. You would think you would get lucky and hit one but OH NO!

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well it is over Mims is not going to be a jet or a regular inactive during games. He is 6th on the WR chart and it is being reported that the Jets are looking to trade him. I expect nothing more than a swap of draft picks or a day 3 pick. I was one of the very few that did not like this pick. I think he will be out of the league in a few years. Another problem with Mims is he can't play special teams either. Just put it up as another second round bust for the Jets. I sure hope Moore is worth all this hype because seriously how many second round bust in a row has this been. You would think you would get lucky and hit one but OH NO!

I was mocked for expressing contempt over the pick, though admittedly was fine taking him where we did. A 'freak' athlete, but not awfully fluid which is always telling to me. Coupled with the fact that his interviews were never awe inspiring. There's a reason JD traded back with Mims on the board & it was never simply great maneuvering as was implied here. It's way too early to give up on the kid, but my expectations have always been tempered.  

• Like 1

Mims has always struggled to create separation -- is he great in contested situations? Sure, but it's a necessity for him as opposed to an added attribute. I think that part is often overlooked when fans marvel over his 'highlights' as a means of purporting his obvious talent. Point being, nearly every highlight is a contested catch for a reason.

58 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Don’t let Cimini’s BS drive a narrative. Of course anything is possible but you don’t trade him right now. 

Wtf Mims looked quality last year in a garbage offense/team. He should be one of the players we continue to coach and become a big player for us. If we are wasting our time on guys like Berrios who’s nothing more than a bottom of the roster guy then I don’t know what else to say 

Here are the picks. 

1st- Great throw honestly, good anticipation and receiver found a huge hole between the 2nd and 3rd level but someone tipped the pass and it allowed Guidry to pick it off.

2nd- He probably gets sacked before making this throw, JFM clearly got home. Again good anticipation but he took his eyes off of Griffin or Kroft(not sure) a little too early allowing Joyner to pivot and cover Smith and intercept the pass. 

What I really want to see are his missed throws to guys who open, those are the ones that often get overlooked in practice but kill us in games.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:37 AM, Bobby816 said:

I wish the staff would try Fant at RG. Saleh keeps saying him and Moses are battling for the RT spot. Let’s be real… there’s no way Fant wins that job unless Moses gets injured. So why not try Fant out at RG? GVR be Fant is a closer competition than Fant vs Moses. And especially with the G depth right now down with a couple nagging injuries. 

I read that Fant has never played G.

19 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I was mocked for expressing contempt over the pick, though admittedly was fine taking him where we did. A 'freak' athlete, but not awfully fluid which is always telling to me. Coupled with the fact that his interviews were never awe inspiring. There's a reason JD traded back with Mims on the board & it was never simply great maneuvering as was implied here. It's way too early to give up on the kid, but my expectations have always been tempered.  

Sadly, I have to agree with your analysis.  I had such high hopes  or should I say "Hype" hopes for Mims.

We'll see how the rest of the summer goes for him but it hasn't been good since Atlantic Health opened its doors this year.

• Like 1

Gimme a break, its practice! Wilson will be fine, damn when will some of you armchair GM's gonna give it a break. Trade Mims cut Mims, Mims is buried on the depth chart?

Mims is the only legit tall strong WR outside of Davis otherwise your going into your season with munchkins, granted talented munchkins, beat reporter Costello said no way they trade Mims on a podcast.

He went on to say whoever is floating that idea doesn't know what he's talking about. Cimini anyone? Remember something these so called beat writers have to have a topic they can present to the company.

Be it ESPN, CBS, etc., Wilson gets off a redeye flight, signs his 35 mil contract then proceeds to have a terrible day and the world is coming to an end. So yesterday Wilson has a terrible day, and you're looking to next years draft for another QB.

Monday he has a lights out day and your singing his praise. Saleh is right, being bad, having a bad day is vital in his devolvement and the same holds true for Becton who's getting his face full of Lawson and is losing the battle.

Give Becton some time to learn from his mistakes or adjust to Lawson, its only going to make him better. Tell me if Moore starts to look human, and begins to drop some passes will you sit him.

Relax, we have 5 weeks until the season starts.

• Like 1