Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Im starting to get just slightly nervous about Becton. Lawson is literally dominating him on a daily basis. 

I wouldn't be. Lawson was dominant with QB pressures last season, hes going to beat anyone.  Hopefully it is making Becton better. I think Lawson has a chance to be that 10+ sack 60+ QB pressures guy we haven't had before. 

Our DL has the chance to be dominant, I am guessing they will make a lot of OLs look bad.  This is the best DL we have had in a long time. I think our defense might surprise people with how good they will be. 

Edited by NYJets4716

Jets released first depth chart. 

What is interesting is Jets list Davis, Crowder, and Cole at top 3 WRs. Moore is definitely gonna end up starting. They list Coleman starting RB with Perine 2nd string, Johnson 3rd, and Carter 4th. 

They have Fant and Moses both as the starting RT, we know Moses is going to start at RT. 

Hamsah is listed as the starting WLB. 

Guidry starting Nickle back with Austin/Hall starting outside. 

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets released first depth chart. 

What is interesting is Jets list Davis, Crowder, and Cole at top 3 WRs. Moore is definitely gonna end up starting. They list Coleman starting RB with Perine 2nd string, Johnson 3rd, and Carter 4th. 

They have Fant and Moses both as the starting RT, we know Moses is going to start at RT. 

Hamsah is listed as the starting WLB. 

Guidry starting Nickle back with Austin/Hall starting outside. 

Mims ahead of Vyncint Smith for all the crap he’s been getting. 

Love Hamsah getting the starting nod so far. He’s vital in this defense.

Up and down practice according to reports. Defense ahead of the offense but what else is new. 

I wonder if the major cause is one of the following a combination of them all;

LaFleur’s play calling. Not in a bad way but maybe he’s trying out something’s and seeing how they work rather than just feeding the offense a ton of easy looks. 

The constant rotation in the skill players. Reps are important but so is rhythm and constantly pulling guys in and out and up and down the depth chart can’t be helping them with chemistry and consistency. One of the reasons I think Wilson and Moore lit up OTAs is because they were on the field together the entire time.

Wilson’s decision making. Looks like he’s not settling for check downs at all, which in practice is okay, but on the opposite end you don’t want him getting trigger happy and throwing us out of games.

Defense is just that damn good. The DL, even without QWill, is loaded and this scheme that essentially ignores gap discipline is made for pressure. Add in there’s always 7 on the backend so windows are tighter. 

Overall I just think this is steel sharpening steel and the offense will be ready soon enough.

Saturday will be fun.

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Love Hamsah getting the starting nod so far. He’s vital in this defense.

He is your pick.  I love the potential he has as well.  I am also pleasantly surprised the pass D is doing well but I say this knowing it is just practice.  It is still nice to hear, though.

I'm not worried about Becton, lets see him against a pass rusher who isn't named Carl Lawson. I think Lawson is primed for a big season, he is the best edge rusher we have had since John Abraham.  He might break the streak and get 10+ sacks 60+ QB pressures.  

Mims is a young guy, I don't see why you would trade a big body guy who can make the kind of catches he can. I don't panic based on practices, I'll wait to see how things are in real games. Same with Wilson. 

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Up and down practice according to reports. Defense ahead of the offense but what else is new. 

I wonder if the major cause is one of the following a combination of them all;

LaFleur’s play calling. Not in a bad way but maybe he’s trying out something’s and seeing how they work rather than just feeding the offense a ton of easy looks. 

The constant rotation in the skill players. Reps are important but so is rhythm and constantly pulling guys in and out and up and down the depth chart can’t be helping them with chemistry and consistency. One of the reasons I think Wilson and Moore lit up OTAs is because they were on the field together the entire time.

Wilson’s decision making. Looks like he’s not settling for check downs at all, which in practice is okay, but on the opposite end you don’t want him getting trigger happy and throwing us out of games.

Defense is just that damn good. The DL, even without QWill, is loaded and this scheme that essentially ignores gap discipline is made for pressure. Add in there’s always 7 on the backend so windows are tighter. 

Overall I just think this is steel sharpening steel and the offense will be ready soon enough.

Saturday will be fun.

Probably nothing to worry about at this point.  You have to consider the huge difference in talent he is used to playing against in the college he went to vs. NFL defenders.  Now is the time for him to push the envelope to learn the difference between throws that would have been open in college and look like they are open now, but really aren't.  He should be able to reign in the picks as he gets the feel for the NFL game.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Probably nothing to worry about at this point.  You have to consider the huge difference in talent he is used to playing against in the college he went to vs. NFL defenders.  Now is the time for him to push the envelope to learn the difference between throws that would have been open in college and look like they are open now, but really aren't.  He should be able to reign in the picks as he gets the feel for the NFL game.

That’s my hope. Playing it safe in practice does absolutely nothing for him. Now is the time to make mistakes, I think Mahomes was throwing a ton of picks prior his MVP season.

Saturday will be good since he will go against a team that doesn’t know exactly what’s coming.

• Like 1

Its not something new with rookie QBs struggling in camp, its practice.   I'm going to be patient, plus its important to realize that this Jets team is the youngest in football. We are starting multiple rookies and just have no real experience. So there will be growing pains. 

I think our defense is going to be pretty good though, this DL is not a joke and CJ Mosley is going to bounce back to all pro form. 

20 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Trading Mims would be a short sighted move for us. Cole, Crowder, and Berrios are all on expiring contracts. I would hate to need to dip back into the WR well next offseason after only giving Mims half a season to develop. He looked good last year, patience is going to be key with him. 2022 will be the year he makes an impact.