Cowboys 2021 Training Camp

textaz03

30 minutes ago, D82 said:

Same kinda thing we did this time last year restructuring Tyron, Martin and D-Law's contracts, which was all pretty much to roll over and help afford Dak. $6.88M in unused '21 cap less an increase of $1.72M in Zeke's '22 number works to $5.16M in effective '22 cap room.

Zeke will probably have to be a post-June 1 cut in '23 now, or they hold him for that one last year and move on in '24. If there's one thing we can say confidently, it's that they don't *want* to move on from him any time soon.

3 hours ago, D82 said:

There's a reason your snaps are being scaled back Jaylon...and it's not because you're "doing some amazing things" out there. 

It’s staggering how he keeps digging his own hole deeper. Guy hasn’t any self awareness. But….it’s all love as he says. lmao. He’s become such a clown.

20 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It’s staggering how he keeps digging his own hole deeper. Guy hasn’t any self awareness. But….it’s all love as he says. lmao. He’s become such a clown.

Essentially. Hopefully this will be his last season here. 

To be honest I don't really care what Jaylon says.  He has the talent to play at probowl level. That is what I want to see.  Step 1 is Jaylon having confidence in what he is doing on the field. Step 2 is Quinn putting him in position to succeed. Rather then how he was positioned last year.  

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Good to have some flexibility re the final roster.  You have to take things you see and hear with a grain of salt these days.  I read something on social media that said Mukuamu is a potential cut.  I almost fell out of my chair. I'll admit to my bias.  That young man was one of my mid round pre draft gems.  I think he has opened some eyes.  I'll be shocked if he isn't on the roster.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:39 PM, WizardHawk said:
On 8/28/2021 at 1:11 PM, D82 said:

There's a reason your snaps are being scaled back Jaylon...and it's not because you're "doing some amazing things" out there. 

The guy is just a happy go lucky positive vibs type of dude. Doesnt make him a clown, but the perception is bad.

I’m pretty sure Jaylon Smiths incredible ability to block out reality, remain confident, ignore naysayers, and immerse himself in blind faith was the only reason he was able to comeback from his gruesome injury in college. 

Its not really surprising he remains positive, after all that. With all the hate he receives you wouldn’t think he had the 3rd most tackles in the NFL(1st in the NFC) last season.