Cowboys 2021 Training Camp

textaz03

This is wild, but I looked it up, and only twice in the last 20 years have we landed 3 or more regular(ish) starters in consecutive draft classes.

2013-2014

Frederick, T-Will, JJ Wilcox   
Zach Martin, Tank, Anthony Hitchens

2002-2003

Roy Williams, Gurode, Antonio Bryant   
Newman, Witten, Bradie James

I seems like almost a lock that, from our last 2 drafts, we’ll have back-to-back classes with 3+. And 4 from each class isn’t out of the question at all.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Armstrong looked really good from what I have seen.  I haven't seen much of Urban or Basham but the threesome of Lawrence, Gregory and Armstrong to me is better then what we've had if Lawrence is healthy that is.   Anae has been effective in special situations but his lack of size concerns me as a full time edge. So far I still am a little frustrated as we've yet to see what are base D will be like.  It also is unfortunate about loosing Gallimore to injury. Hopefully week 1 Hill is available so we can use some mix of DLaw, Gregory, Hill, Odighizuwa, Urban, Armstrong along our front.  With Anae, Basham and Bohanna playing in special situations only. 

Our LB packages look more like Parsons, Neal and LVE being the primary with Smith and Cox coming in as subs.  Though Smith we might see Parsons, Neal, LVE and Smith in 3rd down passing plays.

I also don't really see a clear cut rotation for our CB's Diggs is the only sure starter.  Lewis, Brown and Joseph are all battling each other for Slot and other outside corner spot.  With Canady probably working his way in with dime packages.  

ZERO clue on Safety...   we have four and from what i've seen in preseason no clear leader between Kazee, Kearse, Wilson and Hooker.  though by rep Hooker and Kazee have to be the leading options if healthy.

Some of this should work it self out if more "starters" play week three. 

Personally looking good in "practice" doesn't mean much to me because I am used to the talk being our 'secondary' has always "looked good" in practice.  

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Anyone else a bit worried about Kicker? GZ still on the PUP after back surgery this offseason, and now we’re signing free agent CFL kickers 2 weeks before the opener.

We were doing just fine with the guy we had at kicker but...y'know...buddies and all.