"I Got Robbed of a Year" says Randy Gregory.

TVScout

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Maybe, but Cowboys also got robbed of a couple years by his ganja habit

He had a reason for it. And unfortunately due to outdated league policy and laws he was punished for it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D82 said:

He had a reason for it. And unfortunately due to outdated league policy and laws he was punished for it.

Right, but they ARE the rules. Too often today people are making their own rules for their own convienence when entering into a field of employment.

There is a right and wrong way to do things. If he truly needed pot to cope with his mental issues then he should have brought this to the league's attention prior to the draft.

This way the league could have either made an exception for him or got him the help he needed or simply told him sorry, if that is your position on this issue then sorry, you can't work here.

• Like 2

Irrational Dave is bringing a ton of rational thought to the discussion: I fully agree.

RG isn't wrong. Sucks for him. He's also the the root cause of some of his self-inflicted wounds & delays. Hope his uses all the doubt, all the weight, all the obstacles to fuel him to excel this year. I am heavy rooting for him. 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Id like to see “per snap” production stats for the DEs last year

Pro Football Reference has pressures, snap counts, etc. now. Their site can be kind of frustrating to navigate but you can line up all our 2020 DEs next to each other on it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Irrational Dave is bringing a ton of rational thought to the discussion: I fully agree.

RG isn't wrong. Sucks for him. He's also the the root cause of some of his self-inflicted wounds & delays. Hope his uses all the doubt, all the weight, all the obstacles to fuel him to excel this year. I am heavy rooting for him. 

Thanks Tex..... I think?😕

• Like 1

I like Gregory and think he will have a productive season and be a key contributor.  Quinn says Gregory will play more.  Embrace that, stay healthy and have a good season.  Nothing positive is going to come from complaining about the old defensive coaches. They are gone. Last year is gone. Embrace the opportunity and move forward.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, matt79511 said:

Pro Football Reference has pressures, snap counts, etc. now. Their site can be kind of frustrating to navigate but you can line up all our 2020 DEs next to each other on it

I can tell from just glancing at it that RG has better per snap production. Aldon Smith started all 16 games, DLaw started 15, Dorance Armstrong is credited with starting 2, and RG zero. Yet RG had 3.5 sacks, Armstrong 0, Aldon Smith with 5(4 of them in weeks 1-3), and Dlaw with 6.5. Also, Randy was suspended for the first 6 games. 

It’s pretty clear RG was our best pass rusher from games 7-16.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I can tell from just glancing at it that RG has better per snap production. Aldon Smith started all 16 games, DLaw started 15, Dorance Armstrong is credited with starting 2, and RG zero. Yet RG had 3.5 sacks, Armstrong 0, Aldon Smith with 5(4 of them in weeks 1-3), and Dlaw with 6.5. Also, Randy was suspended for the first 6 games. 

It’s pretty clear RG was our best pass rusher from games 7-16.

Pretty much. These are the numbers from their site btw:

Lawrence: 6.5 sacks and 26 pressures in 668 snaps

Gregory: 3.5 sacks and 16 pressures in 271 snaps

Smith: 5.0 sacks and 20 pressures in 809 snaps

Griffen: 2.5 sacks and 14 pressures in 281 snaps

Armstrong: 0 sacks and 6 pressures in 369 snaps

Anae: 0 sacks and 1 pressure in 6 snaps

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Pretty much. These are the numbers from their site btw:

Lawrence: 6.5 sacks and 26 pressures in 688 snaps