Will 0-17 be achieved at the first time of asking?

notthatbluestuff

Won't happen. The fact that only two teams have managed it in over 100 years of football tells you that throughout history most of the bad teams out there manage to win one game in a season. 

Edited by PFM18

Anyway while a Watson-less Texans team would certainly be, on paper, able to achieve the feat, statistically they're more likely than not to win at least a couple games. It took quite a few of close calls for the Lions and Browns to both achieve 0-16, and 0-17 adds one more barrier.

So... most likely not but I wouldn't say its impossible.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Anyway while a Watson-less Texans team would certainly be, on paper, able to achieve the feat, statistically they're more likely than not to win at least a couple games. It took quite a few of close calls for the Lions and Browns to both achieve 0-16, and 0-17 adds one more barrier.

The secret sauce for our campaign was an absolutely garbage QB room. The best qb  on the roster for us that year was released, in josh mccown. I have no idea why we moved on from in favour of kevin hogan, cody Kesler and deshone kizer. Kizer  was a project, Kesler had a noodle arm and hogan, was pretty bad. I'm not sure if they have a win between them.

15 hours ago, PFM18 said:

Won't happen. The fact that only two teams have managed it in over 100 years of football tells you that throughout history most of the bad teams out there manage to win one game in a season. 

There have only been 16 game seasons since 1978. There have been plenty of oh-fers before (1976 Buc, 19..61? Cowboys went 0-11-1). 

But with a larger sample size, it gets even tougher for statistical anomalies to happen. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Yes, this is a Houston Texans thread. Usually, it's difficult to find a way to lose every game which is why 0-16 was so rare - but are the 2021 Texans really bad enough to make 0-17 look easy? 

Yes.

18 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

No. Houston will win some games.

No.

17 hours ago, PFM18 said:

Three (don't forget the Bucs in the 70s).

13 hours ago, Malfatron said:

it will never be done while FF still exists

If FF dies tomorrow, maybe.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The secret sauce for our campaign was an absolutely garbage QB room. The best qb  on the roster for us that year was released, in josh mccown. I have no idea why we moved on from in favour of kevin hogan, cody Kesler and deshone kizer. Kizer  was a project, Kesler had a noodle arm and hogan, was pretty bad. I'm not sure if they have a win between them.

Tyrod Taylor, Davis Mills and Jeff Driskel is up there...

15 hours ago, biggie. said:

Houston will make the playoffs.

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

15 hours ago, FinSting said:

Texans season ticket holders should get a free bucket of chicken this season. Gonna be a rough ride. 

...what season ticket holders? I was in the 11,000s on the wait list this time last season, and got a call in April saying I was next in line. I politely declined, expressed my stance on Jack Easterby and Cal McNair and let the next guy get in. Per sports talk radio here in Houston, people who were in the 20,000s were getting calls and turning the opportunity down.

We're abandoning Cal's sinking ship.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

My only question - who can be looked upon to scrape a win with? David Johnson? Philip Lindsay? Brandin Cooks? How about defensively? Is Zach Cunningham or Justin Reid good enough to bolster a defense that was in the 30s last season, a defense that lost their best player (by far, even with the lack of production) in JJ Watt? 

Simply put... who carries this team for four quarters in that one win? 

• Like 2