Your favorite teams WORST starting depth chart of all time

SteelKing728

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

That shotgun run in tecmo tho

Once I decided Darrell Thompson needed to win the rushing crown, and  he was neck and neck with Thurman Thomas at the end of the season....and no matter how many rushing yds Thompson got in the final game, Thomas would get more. I reset the week and replayed somewhere around 8 times, it was like the game was programmed that no matter what, Thompson could NOT win the rushing title. I finally had to play as Buffalo's wk 16 opponent and shut Thomas down in order to make it work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Qb kizer 

Rb peyton hillis the bad year, weak gave up on the team. 

FB owen Marcic, weak. 

Tight end. We have never been terrible.

Wr- Corey Coleman, ball bag, had a drop that sealed 0-16. 

Oline cam erving at lg, rg, c. 

The guy who replaced Joe thomas had a sack a game. 

Rt chris hubbard, an ok player, but terrible in Freddie's scheme. 

DE l. No one stands out

Dt. Danny Shelton 1 5 sacks in three years, our team couldnt top the run.

Lb christian kirksey once he got payed, always injured and under productive.

Cb Justin gilbert, biggest draft bust ever

Free safety sendejo awful player for us. 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:10 AM, SteelKing728 said:

TE: Jermaine Wiggins

Really?  I liked Wiggins!  He wasn't the most athletic player ever, but he did make some plays here and there and he was fun to watch.  He's actually one of my favorite Viking TE's of all-time.  I think I'd take him over Kyle Rudolph, for example.  Rudolph was strictly a red zone threat.  Wiggins used to break some longer plays once in a while.  (Not saying Rudolph should be on this list).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

List Since Roughly 2000 here are the offensive positions. I’ll have to edit and add the rest once I have more time to think about it.

QB1: Kyle Boller (2003): 116/224 (51.8% comp), 7/9 (td/int ratio), 62.4 PR, 3.75 ANY/A, 3 AV.
QB2: Elvis Grbac/Garbage (2001): 265/467 (56.7% comp), 15/18 (td/int ratio), 71.1 PR, 4.66 ANY/A, 8 AV.
- It was difficult to choose, not because Boller wasn’t clearly the loser, but because Grbac was a “seasoned” veteran and Boller was at least a rookie. But either choice was terrible and thus both needed to be mentioned.

RB1: Alex Collins (2018 ) 129 tchs, 516 yds, 8 TDs
RB2: Terrence West (2016) 227 tchs, 1010 yds, 6 TDs
FB: Alan Ricard (2004)
- We’ve had a talented RB room throughout and so it was difficult to pick a “worst” season. While Collins had the worst season, West was probably the worst talent; considering Collins season was him playing injured behind a worse OL. Either way, neither RB season was terrible and Ricard was a borderline PB level blocking FB… it just so happens all the other FBs were legit PB level blockers. The next worst is probably Kyle Juszczyk, which is saying something.

WR1: Patrick Johnson (2000): 12/156/2 (32.4 catch%)
WR2: Travis Taylor (2004): 34/421/0 (42.5 catch%)
- And they both started a significant number of games in that 2000 SB winning seasons. What a putrid WR core.

TE1: Ed Dickson (2013 ) 25/273/1 TDs (58.1 catch%)
- We have an extensive list of good to great TEs. Dickson was only a solid blocker and while he added an explosive element, didn’t have the hands to consistently take advantage. There’s no other competition for worst TE. The next worst TEs would probably be Owen Daniels (blocking weakness) and old Ben Watson (no explosive element). The most disappointing TE would probably be Hayden Hurst considering his draft status and who he was selected in place of (Chubb, Ridley, Moore, to name a few).

LT- James Hurst (2015)
LG- AQ Shipley (2013)
C- Gino Gradkowski (2013)
RG- Tyre Phillips (2020)
RT- Ethan Brooks (2002)
6th- Matt Skura (2020)

- Somewhat taking some liberties here with Hurst who didn’t start 9 games that season, but did start games in other seasons. Also liberties with Phillips who seemingly only started 8 games, but he was highly involved in his non-starts and it’s recency bias. If even there was a unit to get a QB killed however, I think this would be one of the best units for the task. Between being physically weak, mentally weak, and just total turnstile- this unit has what you’re looking for.

DE- Lawrence Guy (2016)
DT- Terrence Cody (2011)
DE- Carl Davis (2017)
OLB- Albert McClellan (2016)
ILB- Tavares Gooden (2009)
ILB- Bernardo Harris (2002)
OLB- Cornell Brown (2002)
FS- Matt Elam (2014)
SS- Tony Jefferson (2017)
CB- Shareece Wright (2016)
CB- Corey Ivy (2007)
NCB- Frank Walker (2012)

- Those are definitely the 3 worst starting CBs in franchise history. Granted Walker didn’t reach the 9 starts threshold for “starter” so I included him in there as the NCB.

- Gooden was trash and Bernardo Harris was the product of the season Ray Lewis lost to the Madden curse. Otherwise Patrick “Peanut” Onwuasor is an honorable mention for his 2017 performance.

- Elam was an idiot who wanted to work at the foot locker in the summers vs focusing on football. While Jefferson was a great leader who just was terrible in coverage and wasn’t all that great in the box either. There might be a worst SS, though recency bias and our solid SS history has me blinking on another name.

- The DL really has never had anyone too trashy as a starter so it’s a list of mainly average talents. Cody being likely the worst NT I can recall and mainly because he was out of shape, though the season I listed he actually wasn’t trash. I’m sure I could probably go with another player, but Cody’s laziness needs to be rewarded somehow; a low pro team sounds right enough.

Edited by diamondbull424

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

List Since Roughly 2000 here are the offensive skill positions. I’ll have to edit and add the rest once I have more time to think about it.

QB1: Kyle Boller (2003): 116/224 (51.8% comp), 7/9 (td/int ratio), 62.4 PR, 3.75 ANY/A, 3 AV.
QB2: Elvis Grbac/Garbage (2001): 265/467 (56.7% comp), 15/18 (td/int ratio), 71.1 PR, 4.66 ANY/A, 8 AV.
- It was difficult to choose, not because Boller wasn’t clearly the loser, but because Grbac was a “seasoned” veteran and Boller was at least a rookie. But either choice was terrible and thus both needed to be mentioned.

RB1: Alex Collins (2018 ) 129 tchs, 516 yds, 8 TDs
RB2: Terrence West (2016) 227 tchs, 1010 yds, 6 TDs
FB: Alan Ricard (2004)
- We’ve had a talented RB room throughout and so it was difficult to pick a “worst” season. While Collins had the worst season, West was probably the worst talent; considering Collins season was him playing injured behind a worse OL. Either way, neither RB season was terrible and Ricard was a borderline PB level blocking FB… it just so happens all the other FBs were legit PB level blockers. The next worst is probably Kyle Juszczyk, which is saying something.

WR1: Patrick Johnson (2000): 12/156/2 (32.4 catch%)
WR2: Travis Taylor (2004): 34/421/0 (42.5 catch%)
- And they both started a significant number of games in that 2000 SB winning seasons. What a putrid WR core.

TE1: Ed Dickson (2013 ) 25/273/1 TDs (58.1 catch%)
- We have an extensive list of good to great TEs. Dickson was only a solid blocker and while he added an explosive element, didn’t have the hands to consistently take advantage. There’s no other competition for worst TE. The next worst TEs would probably be Owen Daniels (blocking weakness) and old Ben Watson (no explosive element). The most disappointing TE would probably be Hayden Hurst considering his draft status and who he was selected in place of (Chubb, Ridley, Moore, to name a few).

I would replace both RB1 and RB2 with the 2013 combo of Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce. Rice in 2013 had 214 attempts for 660 yards. Or going by touches, he had 272 touches and 981 yards and 4 TD's. Or what about 2015 Justin Forsett?

Vonta Leach in 2013 also would probably be our worst FB?

WR1, Breshad Perriman? lol

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would replace both RB1 and RB2 with the 2013 combo of Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce. Rice in 2013 had 214 attempts for 660 yards. Or going by touches, he had 272 touches and 981 yards and 4 TD's. Or what about 2015 Justin Forsett?

Vonta Leach in 2013 also would probably be our worst FB?

WR1, Breshad Perriman? lol

I didn’t include Breshad Perriman because he was enough of a bust to not start the requisite 9 games the OP mentioned in his Ravens career.

In terms of the 2013 RB season, I still think the 2018 combo of Alex Collins and Buck Allen as RB1 is definitely the worst combo of RB1/RB2 tandem.

Collins lucked into some goal line TDs but that RB room looked dead in the water until the combo of Lamar and Gus rescued that rushing attack from the worst in franchise history to the 2nd best unit in the league that season. I mean just think about how bad that looks, for 10 games you start and are cheeks and then the next 6 games an UDFA takes over and averages 100 yds/game.

Plus SB bias keeps me from giving it to Rice and Pierce. Both contributed to a SB ring and Rice specifically was a Las Vegas incident away from retiring as our best HB in Ravens history, though I’d arguably still have him as 1b to Lewis instead of #2 considering both were ridden into the ground and broke down to end their careers and while Lewis was definitely the better rusher, Rice had more versatility.

Oh and 2016 Forsett is basically the same as 2018 Collins (10 starts) only he was more successful overall and didn’t have the embarrassing notion of an UDFA nearly doubling his rushing total in half the games.

Though Terrence West could probably sub out for Forsett, but considering both played on the same squad and Forsett was the superior rusher that season, I stick with West for the reason of him being arguably the worst RB talent we had, while Collins had my worst RB season. Though Forsett and Rice certainly make some compelling cases I admit.

• Like 1