Minnesota Vikings 2021 Training camp

Sad People

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Drafting players is a long term plan, not a short term.

I absolutely believe that Hill is a capable starting tackle based on what we’ve seen from him in spot duty. Do I think he’s a long term answer, no. But I didn’t think the Reiff was, either. And from the way Hill has played in relief of Reiff and O’Niell, he should provide the same level of play as we got from Reiff. 

It simply isn't true teams don't expect first round picks that aren't QBs to start or massively contribute year one. They 100 percent do. Hill is cheap. If they thought he was good, they'd have drafted differently. 

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

It simply isn't true teams don't expect first round picks that aren't QBs to start or massively contribute year one. They 100 percent do. Hill is cheap. If they thought he was good, they'd have drafted differently. 

I never said that they didn’t expect the 1st round pick to contribute. That still doesn’t mean that Hill isn’t a capable starting tackle.

31 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's because of how flat Earth is...obviously.

Darrisaw not starting immediately isn't all that surprising. OL has a huge learning curve from college to the NFL. I just hope he heals quickly and is ready if called upon.

DYK that most people already knew that the world was round prior to Columbus sailing the ocean blue?  

did-you-know-label-design-260nw-18318821

I personally believe Spielman felt comfortable taking the risk moving down because of Darrisaw's injury (thinking that other teams might shy away from him because of the groin injury).  While they probably still expect him to contribute a lot at some point this season, they're certainly comfortable with riding with Hill until Darrisaw is ready.  He's shown that he's capable to perform in stretches.    

• Like 1

Rose has looked pretty good.  I don't remember any announcement of him being signed.

Browning made a decent nice spiral pass in tight coverage on that 1st Down conversion, even though he took more time than he should have to get it off.  His long throw on the pass interference play was very good, and his high -jump-and-get-it toss to Davidson was okay.  Maybe the butterflies are leaving?

Joseph's kick was perfect, as was his kickoff.  So, we have at least one thing to feel good about.

19 hours ago, Robb_K said:

ALL Brownings throws so far have been wobbly.  He's hit a few check-downs, but if all he can throw under pressure is short stuff, The Vikings had better sign a veteran back-up QB, with Cousins not being vaccinated.

They'll probably be better off waiting to see if a decent vet gets cut at this point.  As long as Cousins follows the protocol I wouldn't be much more worried about him missing a game than any other year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

They'll probably be better off waiting to see if a decent vet gets cut at this point.  As long as Cousins follows the protocol I wouldn't be much more worried about him missing a game than any other year

Of course I meant for them to also check the roster cuts at the cut-down points - especially the final cuts down to 53.