Minnesota Vikings 2021 Training camp

Sad People

6 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Reportedly, Mond had the vaccine. Tested 'positive' still. So Kirk is out as a close contact (b/c he not vaxed).

However, if Kirk test positive later in the year, Mond would NOT be out as a close contact (b/c he got vaxed)

Vikings players need to listen to their head coach on this one who said these statements below.  Clearly the vaccine is no only a politic issue but is an issue of potentially winning or losing.

"I am disappointed that this happened. I'm frustrated, not just with my football players who didn't get vaccinated, but I'm frustrated with everybody [who didn't]. We'll just do the best we can. It's just disappointing."

"Something like this happens a day before a game that has a chance to get you to the playoffs or something like that ... this Delta variant is rough," Zimmer said. "You can see the cases going up every single day now. That's why, for the sake of everybody's health, I think [getting vaccinated is] important. But some people don't understand, I guess."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Its really hard to stick to football when people just straight up don't believe in facts and science. A primary family member of mine died due to covid before the vaccine was available. They would have taken it the second they could have and they would still be here. Seeing Cousins (and Thielen, and Smith, etc.)  refuse the vaccine because he "doesn't know whats in it" is extremely infuriating. They rather listen to conspiracy theories by a guy who said bleach would fix it rather than the truth. 

Anyway, I'm sorry! I have been personally affected by this and its a sore spot On to football.

So, Apparently Osborn is completely balling out. I know the coaches and Spielman have talked him up without being prompted. From what I can tell, they are giving him every opportunity to win WR 3, and he is making the most of it. You love to see it. 

That was never said.

Cousins I think will get the vaccine especially if he ends up missing a game. We haven't started playing pre season games yet and Zimmer is coming down on him already through the media. Could effect his future status as an NFL player if he doesn't get the vaccine. 

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

While certainly not a positive situation, echoing an earlier poster, I'd rather have it happen now than in the regular season.  Maybe this will be the wakeup call that they need...at least I'd like to hope so.  But, if they chalk it up to just bad luck rather than their own choices, I won't be surprised either.  Nothing truly surprises me any longer.  

And this is where i just continue to be dumbfounded. You have an entire group of educated individuals (at least 3 years of college) who are not just choosing to ignore medical professionals and experts in this particular field, but are choosing to ignore everything because of some conspiracy theory. Simply mind boggling, and infuriating. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And this is where i just continue to be dumbfounded. You have an entire group of educated individuals (at least 3 years of college) who are not just choosing to ignore medical professionals and experts in this particular field, but are choosing to ignore everything because of some conspiracy theory. Simply mind boggling, and infuriating. 

Are you telling me that Facebook is not a legitimate source of information?  My Aunt Sally would like a word with you.....

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Are you telling me that Facebook is not a legitimate source of information?  My Aunt Sally would like a word with you.....

That's the most nonsensical of everything...I'm just curious as to how anyone ever thought of Facebook as a news source or source of information.  It's a place to connect with people you know...period...and a place to do stupid surveys that tell you which Friends character you are.  If you view it as a source of information, I think you need to reevaluate all your life choices.  🤣

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

i live in ontario where we've had the strictest lockdown measures in the world (which absolutely sucked) but i think it was worth it simply because it gave people so much incentive to get vaccinated, as that was the only way lockdowns were going to stop. canada had huge supply issues and daily cases kept going up until about a couple months ago when we started getting massive shipments in. simultaneously vaccine rates skyrocketed and positive case numbers plummeted (shocker).

back to NFL: i wonder what the hold up is for the players. i'm pretty sure the vast majority have gotten vaccines before, they probably don't research everything that their trainers or nutritionists tell them to put in their bodies, etc. they get injections for pain relief all the time and i'm sure they don't question their doctors or ask what the risks are. i know reasoning varies for individual players but part me thinks there has to be some element of maintaining their personal freedom. whatever the reason is, they have to be incredibly stubborn to be willing to lose their job (on cut down day).

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I have a sad feeling that this locker room is going to get torn apart over this issue. 

And it’s going to torpedo the chance for a very good season. 

i have the same fear and it's not good if high-profile guys like thielen and cousins put their foot down and publicly (in the locker room) commit to staying unvaccinated. i know they don't publish vaccine stats in the league but i'd be really curious to see how many vikings are unvaccinated. if we're a good way below the 80% mark that most of the league is at then this season could derail pretty quickly. zimmer's level of frustration leads me to think that either a good portion of the team is unvaccinated OR that there is a group that are vocal and adamant they aren't getting vaccinated.

Edited by whitehops