Steelers Sign OLB/DE Melvin Ingram

AFlaccoSeagulls

10 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I was wondering why it took so long for him to get signed? @Xenos Is he close to being washed up?

He did have two separate knee injuries last year, and knee injuries were what got him the injury prone label way back early in his career.

I'm guessing knee injuries, 0 sacks last year, hitting 32, and his asking price all probably compounded.

He had some visits, so either teams didn't like what they saw health wise, or financial expectations didn't align.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I was wondering why it took so long for him to get signed? @Xenos Is he close to being washed up?

Probably. He’s older and has been more injury prone the last two years. Maybe if this was a normal cap year, we would try to hold onto him. But as it is, even in his prime he’s always been a #2 guy. Solid all around guy though and I wish we could have kept him if his price was lower.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not that bad or desperate if you have Bowser and Oweh to build off of already me thinks...

He definitely oversold it with that “desperately bad” comment.

McPhee is getting up there in age but played fantastic football for us last year. Bowser is a solid versatile piece. Oweh is an unknown. Jaylon Ferguson looks to be a bust. Daelin Hayes is a 5th round rookie.

Its probably the weakest position on the team rn in all honesty, but I think desperately bad is a bit hyperbolic.

Baltimore has had Houston and Ingram in for visits this offseason, so they seem to still be looking for help; must not have liked either’s price point.

Edited by Ray Reed

50 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not that bad or desperate if you have Bowser and Oweh to build off of already me thinks...

Ravens have no established veteran pass rushers except for Pernell McPhee, who is established but at this point just a run defender. They are banking on unknown production.

This move, however, for Pittsburgh, should benefit everyone involved.

Anyone know what they paid him? I cant find it anywhere. I was thinking he would have been a nice add for the niners for 2m. Interested to see how pittsburg made the money work considering they have 0 cap space

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Jaylon Ferguson looks to be a bust

I personally thought he was better off with his hand down, he was always a straight ahead type of guy. I still think he has a bit of upside, but in an even front.

As far as the Ingram signing, damn good signing. Not sure how much his body has left but he should feast with the front they already have.

48 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I personally thought he was better off with his hand down, he was always a straight ahead type of guy. I still think he has a bit of upside, but in an even front.

As far as the Ingram signing, damn good signing. Not sure how much his body has left but he should feast with the front they already have.

Apparently he came into OTAs significantly slimmed down this year, which is odd because I agree I think he needs to be a hand in the dirt guy. Not expecting much from him at this point but maybe he’ll find a better situation for himself once he’s a FA in 2022

• Like 1