HoF Jason Peters Tears ACL & MCL

Phire

Wow last thing I heard the ACL was spared. This is such a brutal loss for us. He was playing as good as he was a few years ago, all-pro level for sure. Definitely the #1 reason our OL was looking like one of the best. 

I feel like we're cursed, poised to have such a great year and then we lose our 4th most valuable player behind Elliott, Wentz and Cox  Scoreboard may have been 34-24 in our favor, but we took a big fat L last night. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Lane in preseason looked terrible at LT. I say just roll with Big V. No need to disrupt 2 positions. But def need to bring another T in. Keep LJ at RT though. 

Yep, why move the Best RT in the NFL just to create a problem over there? Leave V and help!

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep, why move the Best RT in the NFL just to create a problem over there? Leave V and help!

Patrick Robinson looked like the worst CB in the NFL in the preseason. Maybe Lane just needs reps.

This has nothing to do with how he looked in the Preseason but everything to do with How Dominate he is as a RT. Why weaken that side with Big V and possibly the same at LT with Lane having to Switch/Adapt?

I understand about not messing with 2 spots but the counterpoint to that is that Lane is our best lineman and should be protecting “Orange Clutch” aka “Pumpkin Jesus” aka “Can’t Pass the Eye Test” Wentz.  At least, if Big V is on the right side, Carson has a better chance at seeing if/when protection breaks down and can move/escape accordingly.  Losing the blindside can obviously also lead to more turnovers, which should be taken into account.  I think I would try V out at LT and if he Winston Justices it against the Niners, I think you gotta move Lane there.  After all, wasn’t that the plan all along?

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Lane brought up a good point. Coming up are Lawrence (sack leader) and Von Miller both from the RT side. Trying to "hide" Big V over there would be a disaster. 

It’d be awesome if you could switch them situationally like pitchers lol.

Archived