Rams RB Cam Akers Tears Achillies

TitanLegend

My first thought when I saw the news was DAMN!!! I was so looking forward to him having a big season this year and stepping into superstar status plus I had him on my fantasy team. So I hurt for Cam. With that being said, have people forgotten the name Darrell Henderson? He can ball too. That next man up mentality truly works when you have capable guys to fill in. Like with the Nets when KD was out, Harden and/or Kyrie stepped up. When Harden was out, KD and/or Kyrie stepped up. When Kyrie was out, KD and/or Harden stepped up. That led to the Nets still having the 2nd best record in the East despite the Big 3 only playing like 8 games total during the regular season. So with Cam out the Rams have a more than capable replacement in Henderson. My only question is, who is behind Henderson now? I know the Rams drafted back Jake Funk from Maryland in the draft. They really like him alot. He was going to play special teams before Cam got hurt. Now he might have to step up and play some running back. The Rams will use Tutu Atwell in the running game Im sure. So I think the Rams will be fine in general with Henderson but its going to be interesting to see who will now be the players behind Henderson to take alot of the load off of him. 

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bad news: Achilles tears are nasty, and this sucks for a young, promising RB who was set to really break out this year.

Good news:

1. He has all season + offseason to rehab and get his Achilles back right without rushing.
  2. Several players, including Adrian Peterson(?) and Jimmy Smith have shown you can come back from an Achilles injury and still be a very good player
  3. Darrell Henderson is a very capable RB to replace Akers, and I'm sure the Rams can find more RB's to come in and produce as well

Pun intended?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Texans, what do you want for Phillip Lindsay?

EVERY SINGLE FIRST ROUND PICK YOU OWN!

...wait, LAR doesn't ever own any First Round picks.

Dammit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Several players, including Adrian Peterson(?) and Jimmy Smith have shown you can come back from an Achilles injury and still be a very good player

I don't think AP had an achilles tear - Terrell Suggs comes to mind, however.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't think AP had an achilles tear - Terrell Suggs comes to mind, however.

Suggs came back crazzzzy quick too. Tore it in the offseason then came back something like week 10 or 11 if i remember correctly? Different positions obviously, but still.

• Like 1