Rams RB Cam Akers Tears Achillies

TitanLegend

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Todd Gurley 2.0 time? AP is also out there. I think Henderson is more then capable of being the #1 with someone coming in to back him up. Definitely a bummer to see Akers go down with an injury a week before camp. 

Don't usually say something like no chance but there were bridges burned on his way out the door with Snead and McVay. Love the guy and he makes sense but not sure either side would do it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Don't usually say something like no chance but there were bridges burned on his way out the door with Snead and McVay. Love the guy and he makes sense but not sure either side would do it.

Yea I didnt think so either however with the acquisition of Stafford they are set to go all in on a superbowl run and even with the issues they had off the field if they felt that gurley can be a contributor they may suck it up and do it but it is slim. While AP may be 36 and isnt what he use to be he may be a nice back up option to Henderson and he knows stafford. Another guy who may be a shell of himself but could be interested is Shady McCoy. They may also make a late round trade on a guy who is on a cheap contract. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Pun intended?

Actually no, but also yes!

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't think AP had an achilles tear - Terrell Suggs comes to mind, however.

Suggs and Jimmy Smith for sure. I thought there were more examples, especially recently, of NFL players coming back more quickly from Achilles injuries too.