Jump to content

Rams RB Cam Akers Tears Achillies


Recommended Posts

On 7/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, FrantikRam said:

I think David Johnson makes the most sense - Rams have a lot of picks next year so could throw them a 3rd for him. Houston is rebuilding so I can't imagine then rejecting a 3rd for him.

We even have some cap space so we could definitely make it work from that side.

No.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Honestly really sucks for this kid. I can't recall a RB ever recovering from this type of injury.

The sample size is really small of younger players getting the injury. I really can’t find a great comp for Akers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not already but the only other young RB I can think of who had the same injury was D’Onta Foreman if I’m not mistaken. Also supposedly had poor work habits that didn’t help his recovery process I’m sure but it’s not great.

Onviously Mack as well, but we haven’t seen him since. 

Edited by Fureys49ers
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 8:00 AM, FrantikRam said:

I think David Johnson makes the most sense - Rams have a lot of picks next year so could throw them a 3rd for him. Houston is rebuilding so I can't imagine then rejecting a 3rd for him.

We even have some cap space so we could definitely make it work from that side.

A 3rd for David Johnson?!?!? Why in the world would you offer that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seminoles1 said:

A 3rd for David Johnson?!?!? Why in the world would you offer that?

 

Oh doesn't have to be a third. Could be a fourth or a fifth. Point was that he's the one I'd most like the Rams to get.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not already but the only other young RB I can think of who had the same injury was D’Onta Foreman if I’m not mistaken. Also supposedly had poor work habits that didn’t help his recovery process I’m sure but it’s not great.

Onviously Mack as well, but we haven’t seen him since. 

Mikel Leshoure is another. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The history around Achilles recovery is such a small sample size that it’s tough to make any real connections. There aren’t many backs who were Akers caliber when they suffered the injury. Many were on their way out. Leshoure is the exception as he was a 2nd round pick but that’s was over a decade ago. We know science and medicine have advanced. We’ve seen older WRs come back from it like Sanders and Smith Sr. so there is still some hope for Akers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

RB is such a throwaway position to begin with. That makes this injury such a career killer. Teams just don;t have the incentive to wait around and hope he can rebound when they can draft or sign a new young RB fairly easily. As long as your team has a decent Oline they can make almost any RB good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...