Cam Akers Tears Achilles

At least from a timing standpoint we have all of TC to figure it out and he will have a longer rehab time for 2022. But I think he was going to have a monster year, hoping that is just delayed a year.

We've had the worst luck with young, elite talent RBs getting hurt. First Gurley with his arthritic knees that ruined his career, and now Akers tearing his Achilles!!! Horrible injury for a RB, and he had injury issues last year, too.

I hope Akers story isn't just another Gurley who gets washed in his 20s...

20 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Torn achille is a very difficult injury to heal....may be a career ending injury

For sure ....many don't come back as they did before the injury. I don't know of any to he honest 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Le'Veon Bell is a guy I'm keeping my eye on.

There arent alot of good options, most of the guys going to be named are washed, but I think Bell is well beyond his usefulness

AP is super plodding these days, and there sint much else out there as free agents right now. Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis and Chris Thompson could all be contributors, but arent giving us Akers production. 

Ive always thought T.J. Yeldon never got a real chance, and he had the talent to be a 1A back in a time share. 

But in reality, its probably going to be someone cut off the end of a roster. A Carlos Hyde, maybe Mark Ingram, those type of guys will likely be cut. 

I do like the idea of Royce Freeman, and honestly Id also be interested in Melvin Gordon (although his contract may be tough)

• Like 1

My first thought when I saw the news was DAMN!!! I was so looking forward to him having a big season this year and stepping into superstar status plus I had him on my fantasy team. So I hurt for Cam. With that being said, have people forgotten the name Darrell Henderson? He can ball too. That next man up mentality truly works when you have capable guys to fill in. Like with the Nets when KD was out, Harden and/or Kyrie stepped up. When Harden was out, KD and/or Kyrie stepped up. When Kyrie was out, KD and/or Harden stepped up. That led to the Nets still having the 2nd best record in the East despite the Big 3 only playing like 8 games total during the regular season. So with Cam out the Rams have a more than capable replacement in Henderson. My only question is, who is behind Henderson now? I know the Rams drafted back Jake Funk from Maryland in the draft. They really like him alot. He was going to play special teams before Cam got hurt. Now he might have to step up and play some running back. The Rams will use Tutu Atwell in the running game Im sure. So I think the Rams will be fine in general with Henderson but its going to be interesting to see who will now be the players behind Henderson to take alot of the load off of him. 

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

There arent alot of good options, most of the guys going to be named are washed, but I think Bell is well beyond his usefulness

AP is super plodding these days, and there sint much else out there as free agents right now. Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis and Chris Thompson could all be contributors, but arent giving us Akers production. 

Ive always thought T.J. Yeldon never got a real chance, and he had the talent to be a 1A back in a time share. 

But in reality, its probably going to be someone cut off the end of a roster. A Carlos Hyde, maybe Mark Ingram, those type of guys will likely be cut. 

I do like the idea of Royce Freeman, and honestly Id also be interested in Melvin Gordon (although his contract may be tough)

Totally agree with you on Yeldon. He always intrigued me. 

Mark Ingram is certainly someone to watch, but you have to think they would want to bring someone in for camp vs. waiting until the end of camp for someone to be cut and take longer to get up to speed. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jake Funk take on that Malcolm Brown role and givine Henderson the bulk of touches. Peter Schrager commented that the Rams won't rush to sign anyone though so I'm very curious to see how it all unfolds. 

31 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What about trading for Marlon Mack? 

He’s coming off a torn Achilles from last year as well. There’s plenty of FA backs I doubt we make a trade 

This absolutely sucks. Akers was supposed to be the back of the future.