The Latest on Aaron Rodgers

soulman

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're asking for an example of something happening that didn't happen? Teams don't advertise when they try to pay a guy to go away and the player doesn't accept it. Similarly players don't advertise when a team tried to pay them to go away. 

An opportunity is something that is available to a player without a different interested party being able to stop it. The Packers can stop it.

Rodgers was never going to retire. The financial implications for him doing that would have been prohibitive. He played his hand as aggressively as he could. He just didn't have any leverage. 

I'm done debating with you because with you it will always end up using circular arguments based mostly on your own opinions and suppositions not logic or fact.

Welcome to our ignore list.

7 hours ago, soulman said:

Hoo boy.  Ya' don't know when  to quit do you?

I posted an article from The Athletic about him.  YOU many believe he's a quintessential #6 WR but Rodgers apparently thought more of his ability than you do or the Packer GM for that matter.  But that quintessential #6 WR is showing off some skills in Buffalo that have him taking reps and passes from Josh Allen with the 1st string.

https://theathletic.com/2748457/2021/08/03/wr-jake-kumerows-journey-from-aaron-rodgers-secret-weapon-to-the-do-it-all-riser-of-bills-camp/?source=dailyemail&redirected=1

But once training camp began, the 29-year-old Kumerow began to make his move forward. Kumerow was getting reps with quarterback Josh Allen and the first-team offense by the fourth day of camp, an opportunity he hasn’t taken lightly.

“I think Jake’s a good football player,” offensive coordinator Brian Daboll said. “Training camp is for all of this. You want to see guys that are maybe behind the top guys. You give a guy a day of rest, or another guy gets dinged up, and see where those guys fall in and if they can do it. Because the more you can do, the more you can do in this business. He’s done a good job for us.”

The Bills have also heavily incorporated Kumerow, according to him, into all four phases of special teams. Additional functionality for a depth receiver is often critical. For an organization that backs up their press conference emphasis about special teams with roster actions, Kumerow’s prowess in that area could mean a lot on cutdown day.

My post wasn't about his past.  It was about what he's doing now to make people on the Buffalo coaching staff notice him.  If you weren't trying to be so defensive and such a know it all you might have taken the time to read the article that was the basis for my post.  I linked it in that post and linked it again in this one.  Take 5 minutes and read it Cheese Clown before you come on my street to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

And with this I'm done with you and your know it all arrogance and lousy manners. 

I haven't read that article, but I've read the fawning training camp piece over a vet receiver piece probably 50 times. Hell, I probably read 10 of them about Kumerow when he was in GB. It's a fluff piece, call it what it is.

Here's the process: Fans like Kumerow because he's a local white guy playing receiver. -> Reporters observe fans like Kumerow, so they ask questions about Kumerow. -> Because Kumerow is a professional who knows what he's doing, coaches say nice things about him because it's Training Camp and coach speak. -> Fans read quotes about coaches saying nice things about Kumerow and get excited. 

It's a vicious cycle. In Buffalo, just replace "Local" with "Aaron Rodgers said nice things about him recently."

He's a 29 year old man running around in shorts against 22 year olds trying to figure out how to read an NFL playbook. He better look dominant, TC is his Olympics. 

And if you honest-to-god think that a TC fluff article is more relevant than a 6+ year NFL career at this point, I don't know what to tell you. 

The Bills boundary receivers SUCK. Even if he makes the team, it's not because he's good. It's because the Bills don't love Sanders on the perimeter anymore, and one or two spots is going to go to some combination of Isaiah Hodgins, Duke Williams, Tanner Gentry, Jake Kumerow, and Marquez Stevenson.  Woof.

7 hours ago, soulman said:

I'm done debating with you because with you it will always end up using circular arguments based mostly on your own opinions and suppositions not logic or fact.

Welcome to our ignore list.

So because you don't understand how NFL contracts work, I'm not using logic or facts. 

Here's a fact for you, if Rodgers retired this offseason, it would have cost him 65 million dollars in future salary. The Packers also would likely have gone after him for $39 million dollars in already distributed pro rated bonus money. 

People don't walk away from 65 million dollars in cash when they know doing so might cost them 40 million dollars on top of it. Retirement was never an option for Rodgers. It was always posturing. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So because you don't understand how NFL contracts work, I'm not using logic or facts. 

Here's a fact for you, if Rodgers retired this offseason, it would have cost him 65 million dollars in future salary. The Packers also would likely have gone after him for $39 million dollars in already distributed pro rated bonus money. 

People don't walk away from 65 million dollars in cash when they know doing so might cost them 40 million dollars on top of it. Retirement was never an option for Rodgers. It was always posturing. 

65 million in cash or 65 million in pre-tax money?