Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

TheKillerNacho

This is how big a loser Aaron Rodgers really is:

• Jordan and the Bulls were going for their 6th ring.
  • Is Rodgers going for his 6th NFCCG loss? What a pathetic joke.

If you need more nuggets explaining the mindlessness of the reference.

• Krause was GM from year 2 of the Jordan Era. Gutekunst is going into year 4 as GM.
  • Krause was an absolute abrasive scumbag as a person to the Bulls players and Phil Jackson; whining about not getting enough GM glory
    • In this case Rodgers is the aggressive Jerry Krause jerk, not Gute.
  • Pippen was absolutely robbed by his own shortsightedness on his deal and he had actual hatred for the Bulls FO.
    • Rodgers and Adams are well paid and both playing out huge contracts.
  • Phil wanted to leave and Krause wanted him gone.
    • The NFL, Packers fans, Packers President, basically everyone who is not Rodgers or licking Rodgers likes Gute and LaFluer
      • both will most likely be there long term
  • I think Rodgers wants to be GM and wanted them to keep the 150th best WR who is also his buddy?
    • Only comparison is to Rodman who was also clearly demented

So if you think The Last Dance is an appropriate analogy its because you don't understand analogies.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:
On 7/24/2021 at 8:26 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

As a Packer fan it’s a lot worse than what you think . Go check out forum out, it’s ridiculous. 

It's why I say most GB fans hail from "Entitled Town"

This is a VERY common misconception:

that fans can't be critical of a good player (who is compensated as such) if/when he doesn't live up to that compensation or else they are "entitled" or something.

Aaron Rodgers is fair game to criticize when he deserves it. And he deserves it. Don't try to tell people they are "entitled" when they criticize someone very, VERY deserving of criticism. He's not off limits just because he won an MVP.

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is a VERY common misconception:

that fans can't be critical of a good player (who is compensated as such) if/when he doesn't live up to that compensation or else they are "entitled" or something.

Aaron Rodgers is fair game to criticize when he deserves it. And he deserves it. Don't try to tell people they are "entitled" when they criticize someone very, VERY deserving of criticism. He's not off limits just because he won an MVP.

A good sized portion of our forum alone would have moved on from Rodgers years ago. Go find the ‘Aaron Rodgers Depreciation’ thread , you’ll find a lot of very level headed comments there ! Now we have people wanting to move on/ get real upset over his posts on Instagram 🤣

Entitled is the absolute perfect word to describe it. I would also like to throw out the word obsessive too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's why I say most GB fans hail from "Entitled Town" 

This was originally named ‘The Aaron Rodgers Depreciation’ thread 

If you think our fan base is entitled now, jump through certain sections of this thread, I’d say look at all the pages but it’s 97 pages long…

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

A good sized portion of our forum alone would have moved on from Rodgers years ago. Go find the ‘Aaron Rodgers Depreciation’ thread , you’ll find a lot of very level headed comments there ! Now we have people wanting to move on/ get real upset over his posts on Instagram 🤣

Entitled is the absolute perfect word to describe it. I would also like to throw out the word obsessive too.

And I'd argue those who call other fans entitled for criticizing Rodgers are just young fans who grew up idolizing him and don't remember this very VERY similar situation with a previous QB who was aging and felt like he should be treated differently than his teammates (separate locker room, etc.) 14 years ago.

Many of us have gone through this already and just shake our heads at younger fans who think the star QB is bigger than the franchise.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And I'd argue those who call other fans entitled for criticizing Rodgers are just young fans who grew up idolizing him and don't remember this very VERY similar situation with a previous QB who was aging and felt like he should be treated differently than his teammates (separate locker room, etc.) 14 years ago.

Many of us have gone through this already and just shake our heads at younger fans who think the star QB is bigger than the franchise.

I understand what you are saying, And I agree with the premise . There are similarities, but it’s not an apples to apples situation .

The entitled part goes way beyond this off season . The ‘5th down thread ‘ was started in 2018. A lot of Packer fans are not only way too obsessive over Aaron but they also seem to expect MVP level play at QB at all times and that’s just not how it goes.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I understand what you are saying, And I agree with the premise . There are similarities, but it’s not an apples to apples situation .

The entitled part goes way beyond this off season . The ‘5th down thread ‘ was started in 2018. A lot of Packer fans are not only way too obsessive over Aaron but they also seem to expect MVP level play at QB at all times and that’s just not how it goes.

Rodgers was bad (for his contract and expectations) then. It was and is a perfectly rational and reasonable criticism and discussion about the possibility of trading him, even then, but especially now after drafting Love.

It's not entitled whatsoever. That's hogwash. Having the ability to rationally discuss trading someone that garners such an emotional response from so many other fans is literally the opposite of "entitled".

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers was bad (for his contract and expectations) then. It was and is a perfectly rational and reasonable criticism and discussion about the possibility of trading him, even then, but especially now after drafting Love.

It's not entitled whatsoever. That's hogwash. Having the ability to rationally discuss trading someone that garners such an emotional response from so many other fans is literally the opposite of "entitled".

Exactly what I’m saying. You’re expecting MVP performances every year , and it doesn’t work like that.  

Im not re-litigating the past , but if you believe Aaron’s dip in his play is only his fault, you’re sadly mistaken.  

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Exactly what I’m saying. You’re expecting MVP performances every year , and it doesn’t work like that.  

Im not re-litigating the past , but if you believe Aaron’s dip in his play is only his fault, you’re sadly mistaken.  

Strawman

Nobody is expecting an MVP award every season. But yes, if he's the top paid QB (as he was at the time), when he's borderline top 10-12 the criticism is fair. And the philosophical discussion about team building around an elite QB (that commands such a high % of the cap) vs an elite defense or other roster focus is always a fair discussion.

Labeling any criticism of your emotional favorite player whose jersey you buy and autograph you got as a kid and who you grew up idolizing as "entitled" is both wildly misplaced and lazy.

• Like 1

Fans don't want glory for their QB through personal stats. They want Super Bowls.

As a Philly fan we had to deal with idiots telling us we were entitled for not loving loser McNabb enough.

A better QB on that day beats Tampa in that NFCCG (Nick Foles 2017 and Joe Flacco 2012 do for two examples)

• This works for both 2002 and 2020

Packer fans are allowed to want better than an overpaid poor leader QB draining salary cap while going 8-8 in the playoffs since 2011.

The Packers organization put Rodgers in position to win at least 4 Super Bowls. (2010, 2011, 2014, 2020) He has 1.

No one gets to tell them they are wrong for not wanting 2 or 3 or 4 instead of 1.

Edited by SkippyX

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Strawman

Nobody is expecting an MVP award every season. But yes, if he's the top paid QB (as he was at the time), when he's borderline top 10-12 the criticism is fair. And the philosophical discussion about team building around an elite QB (that commands such a high % of the cap) vs an elite defense or other roster focus is always a fair discussion.

Labeling any criticism of your emotional favorite player whose jersey you buy and autograph you got as a kid and who you grew up idolizing as "entitled" is both wildly misplaced and lazy.

There’s a huge difference between saying he needs to play better and saying we need to get rid of him. 

You are not being objective. You know d*** well it’s not fair criticism when people are judging every throw, or getting upset about every social media post he makes. 

When GB has average or worse QB play, the forum will be unbearable .