Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

TheKillerNacho

32 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

And you guys aren't entitled... 

Entitled would be giving into the perceived demands of Aaron Rodgers.  As in Rodgers is more important than the franchise.

If Rodgers were actually Jordan, we'd be crushed by him pulling this stuff.

Instead we know what we have right now.  We have a really good roster on offense and defense.  Now is not the time for this kind of temper tantrum from Rodgers.  The time was actually 2016-17ish (if not sooner) when we had a great offense and trotted out Ladarius Gunter and Randall at corners with Capers as the DC.

59 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Uh, no.  It would have destroyed the franchise had the front office not taken a QB in the first round.

It won't even be a total rebuild.  We already brought in a coach with a simplified offense.  It'll be a step backwards for a year or two, but then things will roll again. 

Just like it did when Favre left.  This isn't new territory.  But it will be different.

52 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

And you guys aren't entitled... 

I'm interested.  Why are we entitled?  

I don't even care about the personal attack.  Would just LOVE to hear the reasons why we are entitled in this situation.

I mean, to think otherwise is just, just uninformed.

It isn't like this is new territory.  We've lived it before with Favre.  All of us Packer fans have been down this road before.  Rodgers is going to be gone, sooner or later.  Much respect for Aaron and his game, but he is not bigger than the organization.

His on field heroics will be missed.  Just like Favre's were missed.  Until the next guy comes along.

What this whole Rodger's situation tells me is that the club was wise to invest in Jordan Love.  Just imagine being here without a young, highly drafted QB waiting in the wings.  Say what you want about Love, but Rodgers has openly said it isn't about him, which means this was coming to a head with or without the Love selection.  At least the organization has a plan.  And a very good roster with quite a bit of young talent on it.

Which is why we are mad and also hurt.  With #12 focused and under center, we are a legitimate contender for the title.  Without him, we probably miss the playoffs next year.  We fans want instant success.  But Aaron didn't become Godgers overnight.  Gonna take Jordan a little while too, but this time, we appear to have a better roster around Love than Rodgers had as a first year starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Uh, no.  It would have destroyed the franchise had the front office not taken a QB in the first round.

It won't even be a total rebuild.  We already brought in a coach with a simplified offense.  It'll be a step backwards for a year or two, but then things will roll again. 

Just like it did when Favre left.  This isn't new territory.  But it will be different.

Do you think that Rodgers pulling the "It's me or the GM card", was at least partly due to them taking a QB in the 1st round last year?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Do you think that Rodgers pulling the "It's me or the GM card", was at least partly due to them taking a QB in the 1st round last year?

Do I think that?  In my heart, yes, I think that is one piece of it.

But if we are believing what Rodgers has actually said, then the answer is no.  He has said that he is "fine with Jordan".  I've listed before the reasons for Rodgers displeasure.  It's more about how his friends, Jordy and Jake, were treated by GB's front office.  Add in the field goal and here we are.

To me, it's all petty.  I do get the Nelson thing.  Driver got his farewell season, maybe Jordy should have as well.  Kumerow?  End of the roster fringe player.  One that Rodgers didn't throw to much.  Maybe he is a guy that you keep at the end of the roster so your QB is "happy".  Maybe you take a flier on a younger guy with a perceived better skillset and hope you hit (Taylor).

If Rodgers was that upset over the field goal, maybe he should have simply run the ball in for a touchdown.  Or converted at least one first down on his prior two possessions after INT's were given to him.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm interested.  Why are we entitled?  

I don't even care about the personal attack.  Would just LOVE to hear the reasons why we are entitled in this situation.

I mean, to think otherwise is just, just uninformed.

It isn't like this is new territory.  We've lived it before with Favre.  All of us Packer fans have been down this road before.  Rodgers is going to be gone, sooner or later.  Much respect for Aaron and his game, but he is not bigger than the organization.

His on field heroics will be missed.  Just like Favre's were missed.  Until the next guy comes along.

What this whole Rodger's situation tells me is that the club was wise to invest in Jordan Love.  Just imagine being here without a young, highly drafted QB waiting in the wings.  Say what you want about Love, but Rodgers has openly said it isn't about him, which means this was coming to a head with or without the Love selection.  At least the organization has a plan.  And a very good roster with quite a bit of young talent on it.

Which is why we are mad and also hurt.  With #12 focused and under center, we are a legitimate contender for the title.  Without him, we probably miss the playoffs next year.  We fans want instant success.  But Aaron didn't become Godgers overnight.  Gonna take Jordan a little while too, but this time, we appear to have a better roster around Love than Rodgers had as a first year starter.

Its because you believe that Green Bay will be right back at the top of card with Love. Yes, it worked with Favre/Rodgers, but that is NOT the norm. Its because you think good QB is a given in GB. Again, not the case. It is MUCH more likely that you struggle to find an answer at QB than it is that Love is the third coming in as many tries. However, instead of living in reality with that, its oh no we will be fine either way. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

@Webmaster

Please direct the moderator not to make personal attacks. (especially ones that don't make any sense).

Thanks!

If you have an issue with a Mod, you need to PM that or another Mod who oversees that sub. Im pretty sure you have already been told NOT to mention Webby. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Its because you believe that Green Bay will be right back at the top of card with Love. Yes, it worked with Favre/Rodgers, but that is NOT the norm. Its because you think good QB is a given in GB. Again, not the case. It is MUCH more likely that you struggle to find an answer at QB than it is that Love is the third coming in as many tries. However, instead of living in reality with that, its oh no we will be fine either way. 

Which is shocking to me because Love was a 1st round pick that wasn't even good enough to be the backup last year. He didn't dress one game.... That might be an overreaction but it's something I can't get over. 

It might be a little soon to put the green and yellow eggs in the Love basket.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Which is shocking to me because Love was a 1st round pick that wasn't even good enough to be the backup last year. He didn't dress one game.... That might be an overreaction but it's something I can't get over. 

It might be a little soon to put the green and yellow eggs in the Love basket.

He was a very raw rookie QB in a pandemic that didn't get any off-season work. He was never expected to dress. It didn't matter how he looked. It was ALWAYS a red shirt season for him. 

Anyone who is concerned or optimistic about Love at this point outside of GB staff are basing it solely on pre-conceived opinions. We have no "real" evidence about Love one way or another.

All we know is that he is an elite-tooled, high ranking prospect who had a redshirt hear with no media access to practices.

This TC and pre-season is the first NFL practice looks any of us will get to start forming evidential opinions on.

All that being said, there's a LOT of pieces in place that make Jordan Love's NFL transition MORE likely to succeed here in GB than on other teams. Primarily, that he's afforded the opportunity to sit and learn and grow (similar to the raw Aaron Rodgers coming out).

There are objective reasons for optimism about Jordan Love, and those (not you) who call people "entitled" for pointing them out are simply responding emotionally. 

On the surface, I understand WHY someone would look at Love's 2020 season and be "concerned", but those who look just at the surface don't understand it was the literal plan from day 1 how he was handled in 2020.

He's now the primary back-up in 2021 and we will get our first look at him very soon.