Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

TheKillerNacho

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It's gonna take two firsts, a second, cornerback Johnson Bademosi, and offensive lineman Julién Davenport or Houston says no deal and the whole thing falls apart.

Edited by NudeTayne

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

May as well trade him and get the haul

I have to admit I'm a little perplexed why Green Bay is bothering to get him under center for just one more season and let him basically walk after instead of just starting the Jordan Love era early and trade him for a reasonable bounty.

Honestly it probably says a lot about their confidence in Love (or lack thereof)...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I have to admit I'm a little perplexed why Green Bay is bothering to get him under center for just one more season and let him basically walk after instead of just starting the Jordan Love era early and trade him for a reasonable bounty.

Honestly it probably says a lot about their confidence in Love (or lack thereof)...

The Packers have a decent shot at making the Super Bowl in 2021 with Rodgers. I think you roll that dice regardless. I get the other side of it too. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i think this kind of proves his point. I had a long response written out but didnt want to bash GB to much. Long story short, GB really better hope this is the year they win. If not, the future (as of today at least) doesnt look great. GBs process hasnt brought great results, so relying on it seems foolish.

Bash away.  We ruined so many prime Rodgers years with a bad DC and bad defensive drafts.  

For this team, right now, though, I feel like it is a very good roster.  And it has a first round draft pick behind Aaron Rodgers for the future.

It is a good process, because we've actually hit on a draft pick or two recently.

So after an off-season of beautiful mysteries, being offended and social media golf banter. Rodgers and the Packers are about to agree a reworked contact, he'll be back with the team and all is right with the world.

Well it made for something to talk about in the off-season.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd rather set up for my future success than one last run if I had confidence in that player.

Is sitting Love another year really ruining any potential future success?  Especially given they can still get something for Rodgers in this scenario. if they really think they can win a SB you have to go for it.  

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Is sitting Love another year really ruining any potential future success?  Especially given they can still get something for Rodgers in this scenario. if they really think they can win a SB you have to go for it.  

They certainly will be able to get more for Rodgers right now I'd think. It's not currently known what the clauses of this agreement would have for Rodgers' trade-ability after this season. But I have to imagine Aaron has pushed for the ability to decide where he goes, if not  having the ability to simply walk, lowering Green Bay's eventual compensation.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

They certainly will be able to get more for Rodgers right now I'd think. It's not currently known what the clauses of this agreement would have for Rodgers' trade-ability after this season. But I have to imagine Aaron has pushed for the ability to decide where he goes, more or less if not simply walk, lowering Green Bay's eventual compensation.

why ruin the opportunity for a SB this year, just in hopes of getting enough back so you can set up a SB caliber team in 3-4 years? GB with rodgers is a legitimate SB contender.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

They certainly will be able to get more for Rodgers right now I'd think. It's not currently known what the clauses of this agreement would have for Rodgers' trade-ability after this season. But I have to imagine Aaron has pushed for the ability to decide where he goes, more or less if not simply walk, lowering Green Bay's eventual compensation.

Ah sure, that's a good point.  I still think you have to go for it considering the makeup of the team right now, but I see where you're coming from.  

• Like 1