Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

TheKillerNacho

12 minutes ago, cannondale said:

IIRC Vegas odds were that Rodgers was not returning to GB. I imagine many wanted a part of that action today ?? 

PS. I know litterally nothing about sports betting and Vegas

Well it was explained as because he's retiring 

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Its not about Higgins, call it Michael Pittman or even Laviska Shenault. Point is, very talented and theres a good chance they could have helped GB in 2020. 

Do me a favor. Other than the Chiefs, give me the last Super Bowl winner with better receivers than Adams paired with some random dude from Walmart. The WR obsession as it ties in to winning is over the top.

Edited by cannondale

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Its not about Higgins, call it Michael Pittman or even Laviska Shenault. Point is, very talented and theres a good chance they could have helped GB in 2020. 

I don't disagree. Obviously someone else who can play at the same time can help. Rodgers also did, maybe it happens anyways,  raise his level of play himself.  It's hard not to think after all this that it wasn't some spite to show the world that he wasn't done and QB picked spurred that. 

I'm not sure that's my view but it's possible. 

And we really didn't lose the nfcc directly over wr by by any means

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Do me a favor. Other than the Chiefs, give me the last Super Bowl winner with better receivers than Adams and some random dude from Walmart. The WR obsession as it ties in to winning is over the top.

Tampa, that was really easy. Godwin, Evans and Brown are inarguably better than Gbs Wr corp.

And im not even saying the only pick they could have made was a WR. Just a pick that could have helped win now, when they had/have a SB contending team.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Do me a favor. Other than the Chiefs, give me the last Super Bowl winner with better receivers than Adams and some random dude from Walmart. The WR obsession as it ties in to winning is over the top.

He doesn't actually think it was WRs. He just needs to second guess everything gb does. If GB had drafted any of those guys and still lost they should have drafted something else. He's more invested in GB than any GB fan I've ever seen lol.. Yet he doesn't want us to win, but needs to give us advice. It's all so backwards

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Tampa, that was really easy. Godwin, Evans and Brown are inarguably better than Gbs Wr corp.

And im not even saying the only pick they could have made was a WR. Just a pick that could have helped win now, when they had/have a SB contending team.

Nobody argues the last point though

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

He doesn't actually think it was WRs. He just needs to second guess everything gb does. If GB had drafted any of those guys and still lost they should have drafted something else. He's more invested in GB than any GB fan I've ever seen lol.. Yet he doesn't want us to win, but needs to give us advice. It's all so backwards

you should change youre name to Dr. Norm, im gonna guess you majored in psychology or something similar? 

But we're on a football forum and i enjoy talking football, so shouldnt be surprising. Yes, i want GB the team to lose since im an atlanta fan, but i also genuinely feel bad for the players. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

If GB had told Rodgers they wanted Love, Schefter would have tweeted "Source indicates Green Bay targeting first round QB" minutes later. Teams would adjust. Packers could have easily missed out on their target.

You=Rodgers Derangement Syndrome, patient zero.

Teams are always leaking misinformation about their interest in certain players. Another team is far, far more likely to think such a report would be misinformation rather than true leaked information. Derp.

Considering they were coming off a championship game appearance, nobody would buy that GB was looking to draft a QB in the 1st. If a team really liked Love as a first round prospect, they would have been maneuvering to make the selection sometime before GB's end of the round pick anyway. GB's alleged interest would've been irrelevant to their strategy.

Take a nap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Nope. I was pissed they drafted 3 backups. But WR wasn't the issue

I will still tinfoil hat that they might have thought there was going to be no season. Such a weird order of picks after what we saw this year. 

1 minute ago, Les Punting said:

You=Rodgers Derangement Syndrome, patient zero.

Teams are always leaking misinformation about their interest in certain players. Another team is far, far more likely to think such a report would be misinformation rather than true leaked information. Derp.

Considering they were coming off a championship game appearance, nobody would buy that GB was looking to draft a QB in the 1st. If a team really liked Love as a first round prospect, they would have been maneuvering to make the selection sometime before GB's end of the round pick anyway. GB's alleged interest would've been irrelevant to their strategy.

Take a nap.

You have no understanding of the media versus what goes on that we never hear. 

Take a nap?

• Like 1