Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

You act like the Vikings never win the division.  They have won their share over the years.  I'm also not a Vikings fan anymore.  I made my prediction as an impartial observer.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Like 8

Dang.. I was looking forward to GB sucking this season. Not that I have a vendetta but ... they've been so good for so long I'd like for them to feel the pain of decades of suckitude. With Rodgers back they ultimately become division champs again.

Just now, Shockwave said:

Dang.. I was looking forward to GB sucking this season. Not that I have a vendetta but ... they've been so good for so long I'd like for them to feel the pain of decades of suckitude. With Rodgers back they ultimately become division champs again.

yeah but there is still the chance Rodgers loses 3 straight NFC championship games, Adams and Rodgers leave, Love stinks and Green Bay goes through a serious rebuild.

• Like 2

“The media loves to make stories when there’s not enough content to put out there,” Rodgers told reporters during his first press conference at camp.

Rodgers had numerous opportunities to put those stories to rest by answering the question of whether or not he would be a member of the Packers this season. The three-time MVP refused to do so, fueling rumors that he wanted out of Green Bay.

“I realize there are times I could have said something,” Rodgers acknowledged. “But I firmly believe that there is wisdom in silence."

This guy talks out both sides of his mouth so much he should be a ventriloquist. 🤡

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

So far all intents and purposes this is likely Rodgers last year in Green Bay? Is that how everyone is reading this?

Oh it is. Rodgers presser yesterday and the GM's today....everything they bluntly just said during it, conveyed that clearly to me

Gonna co-exist for one more year since both parties realize they have a good team and a chance to win, and then it's splitsville

Wonder where he will go. Tom Brady has really thrown a spanner into the works with this whole playing-at-an-MVP-level-till-age-44 thing.

If he takes care of himself Rodgers could conceivably have another 4-6 years of elite QB play. Or he could just fall off a cliff. Something tells me the former is more likely though.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:11 AM, JonMcC2018 said:

So far all intents and purposes this is likely Rodgers last year in Green Bay? Is that how everyone is reading this?

He just re-worked his deal.  Basically the last of his 3 years was voided, but next year he is a $46M cap hit.

So it's either one of these five things.

• He plays this year as a Packer, and then retires.
  • He plays this year as a Packer, and next year under his current deal.
  • He plays this year as a Packer, and then is released.
  • He plays this year as a Packer and signs a new deal that decreases his cap hit, and gives him the long term security that he wants.  (If the Packers front office shows legitimate "change" over the next couple of months.)
  • He plays this year as a Packer, and then is traded.

Listed in order of least likely to most likely.  Guess I'd say the odds of him coming back, right now, are about 15%.  Up 5% after GB actually traded for Cobb.  

Edited by vegas492
On 7/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, Shockwave said:

Eh? Rodgers staying in Green Bay helps the Giants in multiple ways.

Two possible places Rodgers could have been traded, Denver and WFT. If he is traded Denver that one automatic loss for the Giants. If he is traded to the WFT that is two automatic losses for the Giants.

We want the Bears to do as bad as possible, with Rodgers high chance Green Bay gives the Bears two losses, without Rodgers high chance that is two more wins for the Bears.

Also the WFT plays Green Bay this year, I much prefer them play the WFT with Rodgers as their QB.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:48 AM, JonMcC2018 said:

Wonder where he will go. Tom Brady has really thrown a spanner into the works with this whole playing-at-an-MVP-level-till-age-44 thing.

If he takes care of himself Rodgers could conceivably have another 4-6 years of elite QB play. Or he could just fall off a cliff. Something tells me the former is more likely though.

I understand that Brady playing at a high level into his 40's is rare but I also think if there's one QB I would bet on to match it, it's Rodgers. He really does go all out to keep himself in shape.

I also think playing at a high level at age 40 is going to become the norm in the future as well with the amount of technology.