Jump to content

Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)


Recommended Posts

I, personally, very much look forward to the Packers being in QB purgatory for the next 20+ years. A lot of their fans (not all) deserve it. Talk about a totally spoiled and entitled fanbase. Rodgers has a couple of seasons where he's not totally amazing and they act like he's a total bum. LMAO.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I, personally, very much look forward to the Packers being in QB purgatory for the next 20+ years. A lot of their fans (not all) deserve it. Talk about a totally spoiled and entitled fanbase. Rodgers has a couple of seasons where he's not totally amazing and they act like he's a total bum. LMAO.

Some have seen it for 10-15 years prior, so though it would suck, it too shall pass

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If Rodgers retires...this has to completely destroy the current Packers franchise....right?

Possibly.  Would depend on Jordan Love developing or not.  There is a lot of talent on the roster.

Kenny Clark, Z Smith, Rashan Gary, Jaire Alexander,  Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage

David Bahktiari,  Elgton Jenkins, Aaron Jones, Adams is under contract for 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Possibly.  Would depend on Jordan Love developing or not.  There is a lot of talent on the roster.

Kenny Clark, Z Smith, Rashan Gary, Jaire Alexander,  Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage

David Bahktiari,  Elgton Jenkins, Aaron Jones, Adams is under contract for 2021

If this is Madden then I’d agree...but this has to be horrible for morale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If this is Madden then I’d agree...but this has to be horrible for morale. 

hard to say how the other players react.  QB turns down an extension, restructure due to being hurt over the organization drafting a QB for the future.  Might be a rallying point as most in the media will have your same thought that this will cause the team to crater.  These things can go a variety of ways and how it plays out will be interesting.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squire12 said:

hard to say how the other players react.  QB turns down an extension, restructure due to being hurt over the organization drafting a QB for the future.  Might be a rallying point as most in the media will have your same thought that this will cause the team to crater.  These things can go a variety of ways and how it plays out will be interesting.  

youre not really being honest in your assessment. QB feels like he hasnt been valued for years, coming of a NFC championship appearance they trade up for a QB in the first instead of trying to improve the teams chances currently.

 

Oh, and now vegas is apparently protecting itself in case of an upcoming Rodgers retirement. Its actually funny that this may happen, and awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

youre not really being honest in your assessment. QB feels like he hasnt been valued for years, coming of a NFC championship appearance they trade up for a QB in the first instead of trying to improve the teams chances currently.

He can feel disrespected.   His choice.  Whether other players feel that is unknown.   

Maybe some feel Rodgers is disrespecting them now by putting his feelings and needs above his teammates.

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

 

Oh, and now vegas is apparently protecting itself in case of an upcoming Rodgers retirement. Its actually funny that this may happen, and awesome.

Financially/salary cap wise, Rodgers retiring is not awful for GB.  

GB could pursue the prorated signing bonus and the roster bonus.  Clears the salary from the ledger.  

Yes GB looses out on draft picks they could have gotten in a trade and don't have Rodgers ( which if he was traded they don't have him as well). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

He can feel disrespected.   His choice.  Whether other players feel that is unknown.   

Maybe some feel Rodgers is disrespecting them now by putting his feelings and needs above his teammates.

Financially/salary cap wise, Rodgers retiring is not awful for GB.  

GB could pursue the prorated signing bonus and the roster bonus.  Clears the salary from the ledger.  

Yes GB looses out on draft picks they could have gotten in a trade and don't have Rodgers ( which if he was traded they don't have him as well). 

How many times have we heard that players dont get involved in each others contracts/business, isnt it almost an unwritten code?

 

As far ROdgers retiring, its undoubtedly worst case scenario. And this response is why its so funny that it may actually happen. "oh, dong worry guys, surfe we lost an all time great coming off a mvp season but the team gets to go after his signing bonus!".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers and Adams posted a picture of Jordan and Scottie Pippen on their social media accounts. Florio at PFT thinks this is a reference to the documentary of their final season together titled The Last Dance.

I'm just left wondering where they get the audacity to compare themselves to a duo that won 6 titles together. The two of them haven't even made it to a Super Bowl. Rodgers has some ego on him and seems determined to cause drama.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Rodgers and Adams posted a picture of Jordan and Scottie Pippen on their social media accounts. Florio at PFT thinks this is a reference to the documentary of their final season together titled The Last Dance.

I'm just left wondering where they get the audacity to compare themselves to a duo that won 6 titles together. The two of them haven't even made it to a Super Bowl. Rodgers has some ego on him and seems determined to cause drama.

I would guess it’s more of a reference to having a GM they both hate, who they view as dismantling a good thing. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

How many times have we heard that players dont get involved in each others contracts/business, isnt it almost an unwritten code?

Teammates won't get involved.  Bit if Rodgers retires, that could very well be viewed by some players on the roster as a slight at them.  

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

 

As far ROdgers retiring, its undoubtedly worst case scenario. And this response is why its so funny that it may actually happen. "oh, dong worry guys, surfe we lost an all time great coming off a mvp season but the team gets to go after his signing bonus!".

Retirement, trade, hold out/ sit out.  All 3 leave GB without Rodgers.  

GB giving Rodgers what he wants keeps him, but the cost is very likely not worth the return.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Teammates won't get involved.  Bit if Rodgers retires, that could very well be viewed by some players on the roster as a slight at them.  

Retirement, trade, hold out/ sit out.  All 3 leave GB without Rodgers.  

GB giving Rodgers what he wants keeps him, but the cost is very likely not worth the return.  

WHat was it that you said about rodgers and his feelings, why doesnt that apply to his teammates? And hasnt rodgers been pretty clear its about mgmt (yes, he has. Although in limited words).

 

What cost do you think is not worth the return?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 7:19 PM, Dr LBC said:

And I think that's naive.  We heard for years about fans having confidence that their QB was going to be the guy who followed in Brady's footsteps and took less so the rest of his teammates could have more (or so his team could be able to pay weapons more) and yet when push came to shove every single one that I can remember took the new benchmark-setting contract when the opportunity presented itself.  Even the guy with the celebrity/high-earning wife, which was the one argument people had to try to offset/justify Tom being willing to take less.

I don't think it has anything to do with Giselle. If someone gets a $100 million contract with $40 million guaranteed, that's GENERATIONAL wealth. No elite QB "needs" the big contract, they could all do the Brady deal on their 3rd contract or extensions, even if their wife is a stay-at-home mom. 

 

I'm not saying they're obligated to do so or anything like that, just saying that the financial aspect of what Brady's wife did was neither here nor there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DawgX said:

I, personally, very much look forward to the Packers being in QB purgatory for the next 20+ years. A lot of their fans (not all) deserve it. Talk about a totally spoiled and entitled fanbase. Rodgers has a couple of seasons where he's not totally amazing and they act like he's a total bum. LMAO.

As a Packer fan it’s a lot worse than what you think . Go check out forum out, it’s ridiculous. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...