NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Turner would be a great fit… but low key I feel like Jaxson Hayes has Myles Turner upside +

Maybe but Hayes has hit 7 3's in 124 career games, Turner hit 5 3's in a game last season. Turner averaged 3.4 blocks per game last season and Per 36 Hayes averaged 1.4. 

Hayes has potential but Turner is a proven commodity, only 25, and is already one of the best rim protecting/floor stretching 5's in the league. 

If the Pelicans are looking to make a playoff push next year a move for Turner would make a ton of sense because he's pretty much the perfect 5 next to Zion. Waiting on potential isn't going to make Zion happy. 

Lastly, the Lakers rumors have not gone away. Los Angeles has been linked by multiple sources to having interest in attaining Russell Westbrook, although the cap gymnastics to acquire the 2017 MVP will surely be tricky. It remains clear that Los Angeles’ main objective this offseason is to find an on-ball creator that can lessen the playmaking duties of LeBron James. - Jake Fischer 

Chris Manning: “The Cavs are one of the most active teams in the league on the trade-talk front, rumored to be making overtures to acquire a second pick in the top 10 while pondering the viability of offering a rich contract extension for leading scorer Collin Sexton.”

Perhaps if Bradley Beal were to request a trade away from the Washington Wizards—as two sources close to the All-Star guard told Bleacher Report he was considering—Philadelphia could emerge as a serious front-runner with a Simmons offer. In the event Beal does not become available, the Sixers have yet to make serious traction on any other Simmons deal, sources said.

Just now, CWood21 said:

For the upteenth time, there's not really a surprise the Lakers would be interested in Westbrook.  It's the matching salaries that's the issue.

I'm just reposting the rumors in the off-season thread. 

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maybe but Hayes has hit 7 3's in 124 career games, Turner hit 5 3's in a game last season. Turner averaged 3.4 blocks per game last season and Per 36 Hayes averaged 1.4. 

Hayes has potential but Turner is a proven commodity, only 25, and is already one of the best rim protecting/floor stretching 5's in the league. 

If the Pelicans are looking to make a playoff push next year a move for Turner would make a ton of sense because he's pretty much the perfect 5 next to Zion. Waiting on potential isn't going to make Zion happy. 

Hayes obviously super raw. His jumper is smooth though. He took huge strides in terms of defense and handles the second half of last year. I think he’s going to be a very good big man but yeah Turner obviously helps more now but the Pelicans have screwed up every stud they drafted by trying to compete to quickly. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Hayes obviously super raw. His jumper is smooth though. He took huge strides in terms of defense and handles the second half of last year. I think he’s going to be a very good big man but yeah Turner obviously helps more now but the Pelicans have screwed up every stud they drafted by trying to compete to quickly. 

The Pelicans have a lot of interesting young pieces but sometimes having too many guys stunts the development of all of them. If the Pelicans can acquire Turner I think it's a move they should pursue. You guys need as much spacing as possible around Zion and Ingram.