NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Suns don't offer him the max extension and let him hit RFA he'd be the only #1 pick other than Anthony Bennett in the last decade to do so. Even Markelle Fultz got extended, albeit not a max deal, but he still never hit RFA. Again, this is just my opinion but it's a bad look for the organization, especially if CP3 opts in and then gets an extension for 2 years/$96M. Because the Suns would be committing 3 yr/$140M to a 36 year old CP3 while refusing to commit 5 yr/$158M to a 23 year old Ayton? 

CP3 is better, more valuable and a major reason why Ayton got his crap together. I think he opts out and signs something like 3/90.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Interesting. What's his issue with them?

Some weird things have been going on since the bubble with Siakam and the team. Not sure what exactly the issue is but the team has clearly cooled off on him. 

• Like 2

Pascal would fit in pretty well on the current Boston roster. Smart - Jaylen - Jayson - Siakam - Horford

Not sure what it would take to get him, but I would hope Boston would check in. I know a lot of Toronto fans think that he is fools gold

On 7/23/2021 at 1:50 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. That's where its stemming from and speaking of Pincus what he said in the same podcast needs to be echoed.

TAKE

THINGS

WITH

A

GRAIN

OF

SALT

Woj reports that “almost every team I’ve talked to in the league has been offered some combination of Kuz and KCP.” He still thinks there is a possibility that the Lakers re-sign Dennis Schröder.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Pleebs, 

The Milwaukee Bucks are NBA Champions. 

Carry on

Jon Horst is the GOAT GM, everyone else scrambling to sign dudes to max deals he's out here signing Brook Lopez, Pat Conninghton, and Bobby Portis just to ish on it all. 

15 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

CP3 is better, more valuable and a major reason why Ayton got his crap together. I think he opts out and signs something like 3/90.

Paul, 36, can exercise his player option with Phoenix and extend for “an additional two years for a maximum of $97 million,” giving him $140 million over the next three seasons

The Knicks having cap space is terrible for the Suns and Jazz, lol. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Pascal would fit in pretty well on the current Boston roster. Smart - Jaylen - Jayson - Siakam - Horford

Not sure what it would take to get him, but I would hope Boston would check in. I know a lot of Toronto fans think that he is fools gold

I genuinely don't expect the Celtics to make any huge moves unless they're able to acquire someone like Beal or Lillard with out giving up Tatum or Brown. You guys gave up Kemba and your 1st round pick this year just to be a player in free agency next summer. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some weird things have been going on since the bubble with Siakam and the team. Not sure what exactly the issue is but the team has clearly cooled off on him. 

With Lowry on his way out this off-season coming off of a disappointing year I think the Raptors brass is trying to accelerate a rebuild. Siakam is a good player but he's not ever going to be "the guy" on a championship level team. Better to capitalize on his trade value now and acquire some draft assets/young talent especially since they have the 4th pick this year. 

WOJ BOMB TIME

Woj on the Lakers: “Almost every team I’ve talked to in the league has been offered some combination of Kuzma and KCP."

Woj says Dennis Schroder turned down four years and $84 million in free agency. Says Chicago and New York have lots of $ and big point guard aspirations, and that New Orleans and Dallas could try to create cap space for similar reasons

Woj calls Chris Paul’s free agency a “fascinating question.” “This is a test for Robert Sarver… it is not inconceivable that Chris Paul opts out and enters the free agent market.”.

Woj says Sixers are engaged in trade talks [for Ben Simmons], taking on offers and making offers. Says the Sixers are looking for best possible player in return. Points out that Simmons has four years left on his deal, which means (A) the Sixers don’t have to do this now + (B) Ben has no leverage

Woj on Beal: “I believe he is legitimately torn… he wants to win and he’s got to look at the landscape of that roster and that team.”

Woj says he’s gotten no indication that Kawhi Leonard is interested in leaving the Clippers. Says the Clippers are acting with Kawhi being on the roster in mind. But… “There’s an expectation that he could miss next season.”

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Why is Memphis trying to trade for Bledsoe lol 

Memphis would move up 7 spots in the draft for taking on his $18.1M cap hit in 2021 but can dump him after this season because he's only guaranteed $3.9M in 2022 if he's released before June 9. 

• Like 1