NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Pelicans have a lot of interesting young pieces but sometimes having too many guys stunts the development of all of them. If the Pelicans can acquire Turner I think it's a move they should pursue. You guys need as much spacing as possible around Zion and Ingram.Β 

Adams been working on a 3 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

On 7/23/2021 at 1:50 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. That's where its stemming from and speaking of Pincus what he said in the same podcast needs to be echoed.

TAKE

THINGS

WITH

A

GRAIN

OF

SALT

Β 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Why? Its Woj

Β 

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Turner is a pretty awful fit with Sabonis so I'm not so sure he'd go well with Zion.

Zion's at his best around the rim and Turner is one of the best floor stretching 5's in the league while also providing elite rim protection to cover up some of Zion's defensive deficiencies. The reason Sabonis/Turner don't fit well together is because they're both centers.Β 

6 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Kind of a random thought but I don't get why Buddy Hield is viewed as some cornerstone player when he's already 28 and sucks.

I don't think many view him as a cornerstone piece. He is what he is at this point, decent scorer, very good shooter, and a bad defender. Over the last two seasons he has been 3rd in the league in 3PM per game averaging around 4 3PM on a 40% clip.Β 

His contract isn't great but it's not terrible either, whoever does trade for him would be getting him on a 3 yr/$61M deal.Β 

I saw a hypothetical trade where the Pelicans would send Bledsoe and #10 to Sacramento for Hield and #9. I think that'd be a solid move for both teams. Bledsoe obviously doesn't do much for the Kings to make them more competitive but they'd be able to dump him and free up a ton of cap space after next season. And the Pelicans would be acquiring one of the best 3 point shooters in the league.Β 

In a best case scenario for the Pelicans I think they'd make a move like that for Hield while also dumping Adams and acquiring Myles Turner. If they were able to make those moves I'd also bring back Lonzo Ball.Β 

Ball - Hield - Ingram - Zion - TurnerΒ 

@MookieMonstah

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Kind of a random thought but I don't get why Buddy Hield is viewed as some cornerstone player when he's already 28 and sucks.

I don't think he's viewed that way. Β He's maybe a #3 on a championship team, and slightly overpaid.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don't think he's viewed that way. Β He's maybe a #3 on a championship team, and slightly overpaid.

Again, don't kill me over sources, but I saw something about the Kings/Lakers discussing a Buddy/Kuzma swap. I think that'd be a pretty solid move for both teams. The Lakers need as much shooting as they can possibly get.Β 

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Especially since its coming from Woj who isn't connected with the Lakers.

Woj is well connected around the entire league, didn't you just say a few pages back that if it didn't come from Woj then it needed to be taken with a grain of salt? This dude knows what moves teams are going to make before the GM/owner do, lol.Β 

But yeah it is pretty weird to see him singing Schroder's praises like he's some high level starting PG. Dude completely ished the bed in the playoffs and has never proven to be a good starting PG, he's way better suited to be in a 6th man type of role.Β