NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

To be fair, I am sort of glad thats all they did.  We didn't have room for a big offer with Blakes money sitting there still.  Olynyk is a two year deal with a third year team option.  The rest are cheap and tradable to make room next year or the year after.  The focus is developing the young guys so signing anyone to take minutes from Bey, Stewart, Hayes or Cade (and maybe Sekou although I feel he is on his way out if he doesnt take huge steps this year) would be dumb.  Plus this helps keep us near the bottom of the league for a good pick although I think we are still better than Houston, Washington, Orlando, Cleveland, OKC, and Sacramento with the addition of Cade and a full year of Hayes hopefully.  It will be a battle for a top 3 pick and maybe we can get a little lotto luck two years in a row since we never moved upwards in the lotto previously until this year.   

I think if we trade Jerami Grant we could be even worse which would be even better but Weaver doesn't think that way.  Not sure who would be a good fit for him until everything settles down but don't think we will get a good pick back for him unless its a few years down the road with light protections. 

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol my trust in Lebron being Lebron is the only thing that keeping me from completely destroying this roster.

I dont think its a championship roster at all. Lebron could carry them because hes Lebron, but Westbrook is a terrible fit and they added a bunch of over the hill veterans. Pelinka is a fool tbh, he's lucky Lebron saved him lmao

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I dont think its a championship roster at all. Lebron could carry them because hes Lebron, but Westbrook is a terrible fit and they added a bunch of over the hill veterans. Pelinka is a fool tbh, he's lucky Lebron saved him lmao

I mean he's just doing whatever Lebron tells him to do. Like all the other GMs Lebron has had. 

10 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol my trust in Lebron being Lebron is the only thing that keeping me from completely destroying this roster.

And the issue there is Lebron being Lebron is getting harder as his body breaks down.  He might have 1 great season left if he can stay healthy but father time always wins.  Not to say he will be trash after that but he won't be the star that can lead a team to a championship.  I don't get why he didn't push for more youth and shooting.  Lebron has always been an awful GM/team builder.  With guys like Wade and Kyrie, talent just fights through poor make up but when he is aging and needs more help, he should be more focused on multiple guys around him opposed to wasting 45M on Westbrook who doesn't fit with him.  He should have pushed for Beal instead of Westbrook, and if not just sat tight or got Buddy. I'd much rather play with Buddy and KCP and a PG like Devonte Graham or TJ McConnell than just Westbrook.  I am guessing they fill out their team now with Blake Griffin, JJ Reddick and Carmelo now right?  Just to keep the average age over 34.    

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

And the issue there is Lebron being Lebron is getting harder as his body breaks down.  He might have 1 great season left if he can stay healthy but father time always wins.  Not to say he will be trash after that but he won't be the star that can lead a team to a championship.  I don't get why he didn't push for more youth and shooting.  Lebron has always been an awful GM/team builder.  With guys like Wade and Kyrie, talent just fights through poor make up but when he is aging and needs more help, he should be more focused on multiple guys around him opposed to wasting 45M on Westbrook who doesn't fit with him.  He should have pushed for Beal instead of Westbrook, and if not just sat tight or got Buddy. I'd much rather play with Buddy and KCP and a PG like Devonte Graham or TJ McConnell than just Westbrook.  I am guessing they fill out their team now with Blake Griffin, JJ Reddick and Carmelo now right?  Just to keep the average age over 34.    

Blake re-signed with the Nets, so that’s not possible. 

54 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It honestly makes zero sense. The bench is so old and bad lol

It's really not that bad.  Let's not be obtuse.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Kent Bazemore / Wayne Ellington
SF: LeBron James / Trevor Ariza
PF: Anthony Davis
😄 Marc Gasol / Dwight Howard

Have to figure there's a few more vets out there that will sign for the MLE, and then you've still got your taxpayers MLE.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Have to figure there's a few more vets out there that will sign for the MLE, and then you've still got your taxpayers MLE.

THT is lock to come back as the 6th man. 

options for the MLE

Rudy Gay F
DeRozan F/G
Oubre F
Monk SG
P Mills PG
Reggie Jackson PG

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That team is literally terrible outside of Westrook, Lebron and AD...and Westbrook isn't exactly a great fit

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Malik Monk makes so much sense to the Lakers. youth and shooting, his best basketball is ahead of him. Then bring back THT in a 6th man role, that would really balance out the roster age.