NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Could've kept Caruso. Buddy is an infinitely better fit for that Lakers team.

I probably would have kept Caruso, but if the Lakers don't want a crazy high luxury tax bill it makes sense to let him walk.  And again, I wouldn't disagree about Buddy being a better fit, but if they did the Buddy instead of Westbrook trade, who is the secondary ball handler?

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Malik Monk makes so much sense to the Lakers. youth and shooting, his best basketball is ahead of him. Then bring back THT in a 6th man role, that would really balance out the roster age. 

That's another minimum signing.  Honestly, don't think he offers much that Wayne Ellington doesn't.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I probably would have kept Caruso, but if the Lakers don't want a crazy high luxury tax bill it makes sense to let him walk.  And again, I wouldn't disagree about Buddy being a better fit, but if they did the Buddy instead of Westbrook trade, who is the secondary ball handler?

I think Lakers made a choice of who they wanted to pay. It was either going to be Caruso or THT. Caruso leaving and not getting paid, all but ensured THT isn't going anywhere 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

That's another minimum signing.  Honestly, don't think he offers much that Wayne Ellington doesn't.

he's alot more athletic, can create his own shot, alot Younger. His stock will go up for this point, and Ellington is on his last legs. Ellington should be good for his role in 2021, but he is on his last legs. the only thing they have in common is their shooting ability. 

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's really not that bad.  Let's not be obtuse.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Kent Bazemore / Wayne Ellington
SF: LeBron James / Trevor Ariza
PF: Anthony Davis
CT: Marc Gasol / Dwight Howard

Have to figure there's a few more vets out there that will sign for the MLE, and then you've still got your taxpayers MLE.

I'd imagine Wes Matthews and Markieff Morris are both back.  I think they're waiting on Patty Mills to either accept their MLE offer or they'll pivot.  Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to woo Danny Green back.  George Hill makes sense for them too.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Caruso...Trade for Hield, keep Caruso. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

And? He didn’t want to be here. You want to watch Eric Gordon all over again? I sure as hell don’t. 

Do you have an inside source with Lonzo? Do you know that if we played things different and just paid him he wouldnt want to be here and see how things go with Green ? I doubt it.

Edited by amac

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They could have kept Caruso in that instance.  Hield and Caruso > Westbrook in terms of fit.  

I'd imagine Wes Matthews and Markieff Morris are both back.  I think they're waiting on Patty Mills to either accept their MLE offer or they'll pivot.  Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to woo Danny Green back.  George Hill makes sense for them too.

Hill would be a great get for them.

I thought the Lakers can't use the MLE since they will be over the luxury tax apron.  

1 minute ago, amac said:

Do you have an inside source with Lonzo? Do you know that if we didn’t play things different and just paid him he wouldnt want to be here and see how things go with Green ? I doubt it.

If Lonzo wanted to be here, they would've retained him. What are you talking about? Since the end of the season, Lonzos camp has not leaked ANYTHING about wanting to stay in New Orleans. You dont even need to read between the lines here, Lonzo had zero interest in staying here. Why? Who knows.