NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

If Lonzo wanted to be here, they would've retained him. What are you talking about? Since the end of the season, Lonzos camp has not leaked ANYTHING about wanting to stay in New Orleans. You dont even need to read between the lines here, Lonzo had zero interest in staying here. Why? Who knows.

Exactly who knows. If the organization had shown they value him more maybe things go different. At the end of the day it’s all speculation, but the fact is we let him go when he ended up on a reasonable contract and didn’t get much of anything back.

With the way we struggle to attract FA and the fact that he was a key part of the Davis trade and a young player who could’ve grown with our core, it’s not a good handling of an asset

Edited by amac

2 minutes ago, amac said:

Exactly who knows. If the organization had shown they value him more maybe things go different. At the end of the day it’s all speculation, but the fact is we let him go when he ended up on a reasonable contract and didn’t get much of anything back.

With the way we struggle to attract FA and the fact that he was a key part of the Davis trade and a young player who could’ve grown with our core, it’s not a good handling of an asset

I dont think it has anything to do with not valuing him...He was praised publicly by Griffin and Griffin has said multiple times they wanted to keep him. The fact that NOTHING has pointed towards a reunion since the end of the season tells us that Lonzo was ready to move on. He's a Ball, they're all about maximizing the brand...I certainly don't blame them but do you really think Lonzo wanted to stay in New Orleans? 

You aren't going to get anything in a SnT when a guy says he isn't staying. Pelicans had zero leverage. Sad to see Lonzo leave but I don't think anyone is to blame for it. Graham is a good deal at 12M per and based on Hornets fans reactions everywhere I look, we got ourselves a solid player. 

• Like 1

So the Wizards are trying to S/T Spencer Dinwiddie but the Nets don't want to take back salary in the deal.  Some 3rd team will likely have to get involved as a salary dump.  OKC?  Maybe the Nets will throw them a future 2nd for it or something.  

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So the Wizards are trying to S/T Spencer Dinwiddie but the Nets don't want to take back salary in the deal.  Some 3rd team will likely have to get involved as a salary dump.  OKC?  Maybe the Nets will throw them a future 2nd for it or something.  

Wiz don't even need to find a team that can take on salary.  The Wiz can offer a deal up to $19.6M in Y1.  It'd just have to be lumped into the Westbrook trade.