NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Counting on Derozan's shot to come around after 13 years is just wishful thinking.  Again, its three ball dominant non shooters on the court at one time.  Somebody is not giving you value.  It would be smarter to use the MLE on Patty Mills or Bryn Forbes who at least fit better and can provide something different the the rest of your team. Adding Derozan and being on the court with Westbrook and/or Lebron decreases the value of two of those players.  And I amguessing it won't be Lebron so then you just have an ok defending, poor spacing SG who's defender will be the first to help on Lebron.  

Sag the minutes. that wow factor would scare teams most nights. run up the score and then sag minutes

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

KCP - wasn't the same player last year. He was an inconsistent shooter

1st rounder pick wasn't going help this year 

Kuzma- he went Hollywood. he forgot how to play/shoot etc

Harrell was unplayable in the playoffs 

------- that for a top 15 player in the league. it was a no brainer move 

The value to get Westbrook was great in a vacuum.  When you look at what replaces KCP on the roster and what replaces Kuzma on the roster and the fact that thye have no cap money to offer anyone else, it doesn't make sense.  Also add in that he is the exact opposite of what has worked with Lebron in the past and the value is then ruined. 

Also, KCP shot better last year than any year of his career from 3.  He would have more looks if he was playing with Lebron and AD more during the year.  Again the team won't win with LBJ and Westbrook or AD and Westbrook.  They need AD and Lebron to be healthy and those others are significantly better when those 2 are on the court. Not to mention KCP is a better defender than Westbrook. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The value to get Westbrook was great in a vacuum.  When you look at what replaces KCP on the roster and what replaces Kuzma on the roster and the fact that thye have no cap money to offer anyone else, it doesn't make sense.  Also add in that he is the exact opposite of what has worked with Lebron in the past and the value is then ruined. 

Also, KCP shot better last year than any year of his career from 3.  He would have more looks if he was playing with Lebron and AD more during the year.  Again the team won't win with LBJ and Westbrook or AD and Westbrook.  They need AD and Lebron to be healthy and those others are significantly better when those 2 are on the court. Not to mention KCP is a better defender than Westbrook. 

we have a new 2guard in THT. THT needs more minutes and will be a better player than KCP

On 8/2/2021 at 5:19 AM, NYRaider said:

Jazz receive: Tobias Harris, Maties Thybulle, Larry Nance Jr 

Cavaliers receive: Royce O'Neale 

Philadelphia receives: Bojan Bogdanovic, Joe Ingles, Miye Oni 

I don't dislike Royce, but I don't really consider him as an upgrade to Nance Jr either. Honestly I'd prefer to get Thybulle and have the Jazz keep Royce if we were gonna deal Larry. If it's a salary thing that Royce has to go for it to work, then I'd send Cedi to Philly and take Thybulle. I'd also consider including Dylan Windler to Utah. I wouldn't just swap Larry for Royce though. 

Edited by H2ThaIzzo
added context