NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, amac said:

Don't think Val is a perfect fit but gotta love the value and it opens up cap space while getting us a solid player

The Pelicans fleeced the Grizzles, Jonas is a massive upgrade over Adams and can at least kind of stretch the floor. Plus they get to dump Bledsoe's deal and only have to move down 7 spots in the draft where the difference between the 10th/17th picks really isn't that big.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Jonas is awesome.

Memphis needs to consolidate, not add rotation players. Bledsoe needs to be waved and hopefully with the extra 1st (3 of them now) they are able to package some players and picks for a borderline star.

He only has like $3M guaranteed in 2022-2023 so he'll be gone after this year or at the deadline. 

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Pels win this trade as of today because this frees up cap space. But if MEM can hit a home run at 10 and get a bucket getter then it evens out

New Orleans got a huge upgrade and was able to dump Bledsoe. The prospect they land at #17 will be similar to whoever Memphis lands at #10.

Just now, Kirill said:

They’re both trash and adams has more meme potential in the grindhouse 

Jonas definitely isn't trash he is coming off of a 17/12/1 season and can actually space the floor. Adams might be slightly better defensively but Jonas is better offensively by a huge margin. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jonas is better than Adams in every possible way.

I think Adams is better defensively, but I'll take Jonas over him.

We've already got question marks defensively and considering Jonas takes one 3 a game I don't know that the spacing will be that significant. The ideal fit is a 3 & rim protection guy, which may not be on the table for the right price. 

3 minutes ago, amac said:

I think Adams is better defensively, but I'll take Jonas over him.

We've already got question marks defensively and considering Jonas takes one 3 a game I don't know that the spacing will be that significant. The ideal fit is a 3 & rim protection guy, which may not be on the table for the right price. 

Last season Adams was an -0.5 DBPM and averaged 0.7 blocks per game. Jonas was a -0.4 DBPM and averaged 1.0 blocks per game. 

While Jonas averaged 17.1 ppg/12.5 rpg on 59% FG/+3.1 OBPM and Adams averaged 7.6 ppg/8.9 rpg on 61% FG/-0.3 OBPM. 

65% of Adams FGA were at the rim last season while only 46% of Jonas were at the rim. So even if he's not some crazy 3 point shooter you still have to respect him away from the rim.