NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's genuinely impossible to dislike him, lol. 

It really is lol

Genuine dude, through and through. Just a kid that enjoys his life. Only way you can hate him is if you're a Suns fan and he ended your dream of a title or he's someone that just yams on you constantly.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

No player named Josh can be good in the NBA though...

I like Giddey but it was definitely a major reach especially considering you just tanked away an entire season and that's who you ended up with. He reminds me of a taller Ricky Rubio, great playmaker, great passer, but not a great athlete/shooter. The biggest swing factor for him will be his ability to hit 3's consistently, if he can then he should be a solid pro. I also just don't really love the fit with him next to SGA as his inability to shoot means he's going to have to be on the ball to be effective which pushes SGA off the ball. Theo Maledon also flashed last year and he's a PG/primary ball handler as well. 

Tre Mann was an interesting pick, I personally also like him as a prospect, but don't love the fit with the Thunder. He's another guard that's at his best with the ball in his hands. I guess the best long-term projection for him would be a 6th man type of guard that can play with Giddey or SGA and provide scoring off the bench. 

Robinson-Earl projects to be a solid glue guy but is kind of a tweeter and isn't a great athlete. Again, just don't see how he fits with your group of young forwards. 

Overall all three guys the Thunder drafted are pretty average athletically at the NBA level. I don't think Giddey or Mann will ever be good defenders and both guys need to be on ball to be successful. Just a very weird night for the Thunder. 

Giddey is a great passer and Shai is a great scorer. That’s how I’m looking at it it lol. In Sam Presti we trust 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Lakers come to town, I'm showing up with a walker with tennis balls on the end, if they'll let me in with it.

lol you better get good seats so you end up on TV.

Hopefully Bron outplays Giannis like he did last time he was in Milwaukee though.