Jump to content

NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, indifference said:

It predicting that happens again is borderline dumb. Injuries are not something you can predict

Kyrie Irving is one of the most injury prone players in the league. 

https://nothinbutnets.com/2021/06/14/kyrie-irving-injury-history-updates/

Durant is 33 years old and played half the season after missing the previous year due to that Achilles injury. 

Harden is 32 years old and played half the season.

Guys usually don't become more durable as they get older, this isn't Benjamin Button. 

Edited by NYRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Orlando needs an identity. They have some interesting young pieces but they just have too many "guys" at this point. 

Which is why if I were the Magic I'd be looking to move 5/8 for 3 on draft night. 

Hopefully Mosley and his staff can help develop these guys. Bamba needs the most attention lol

They should trade you up like you said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie Irving is one of the most injury prone players in the league. 

https://nothinbutnets.com/2021/06/14/kyrie-irving-injury-history-updates/

Durant is 33 years old and played half the season after missing the previous year due to that Achilles injury. 

Harden is 32 years old and played half the season.

Guys usually don't become more durable as they get older, this isn't Benjamin Button. 

I’m aware of their injury history. It’s just silly to dismiss them and basically guarantee they will miss time again in the playoffs. Bucks most likely wont get lucky like that again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, indifference said:

I’m aware of their injury history. It’s just silly to dismiss them and basically guarantee they will miss time again in the playoffs. Bucks most likely wont get lucky like that again.

During his 10 year NBA career Kyrie has only been healthy during the playoffs 2 times...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Hopefully Mosley and his staff can help develop these guys. Bamba needs the most attention lol

They should trade you up like you said.

With Cade/Green likely going 1/2, if they did trade up they'd probably be moving up for Mobley. So in that scenario I'd imagine that they'd look to move on from at least one of Bamba/WCJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't even just the Nets staying healthy, it's staying healthy long enough and consistently enough for those 3 guys to gel and actually play like the super team they've been hailed as. Right now that's alot of conjecture in people's minds, but until it comes together next summer it's a lot of nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

During his 10 year NBA career Kyrie has only been healthy during the playoffs 2 times...

He’s injury prone, there’s still a *chance* he’s healthy with KD and Harden next year.

Teams will be looking to stockpile talent to compete with the Nets (when healthy) and Bucks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, indifference said:

He’s injury prone, there’s still a *chance* he’s healthy with KD and Harden next year.

Teams will be looking to stockpile talent to compete with the Nets (when healthy) and Bucks.

Harden/Kyrie/Durant played together in 13/84 games, playoffs included. 

How exactly are teams going to be stock piling talent this off-season? It's one of the weakest free agency classes in NBA history and the only teams with enough cap space to sign someone to a max contract are the Knicks, Spurs, Thunder, and Mavericks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

It isn't even just the Nets staying healthy, it's staying healthy long enough and consistently enough for those 3 guys to gel and actually play like the super team they've been hailed as. Right now that's alot of conjecture in people's minds, but until it comes together next summer it's a lot of nothing.

The Nets are also already way over the luxury tax line and the only players they have under contract next season outside of their big 3 are Joe Harris, DeAndre Jordan, Landry Shamet, and Nick Claxton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYRaider said:

Harden/Kyrie/Durant played together in 13/84 games, playoffs included. 

How exactly are teams going to be stock piling talent this off-season? It's one of the weakest free agency classes in NBA history and the only teams with enough cap space to sign someone to a max contract are the Knicks, Spurs, Thunder, and Mavericks. 

That trio will be much more games together this year than that count of 13. And to be frank, KD really could of played during the regular season but chose not to push himself. Cant say the same for KI and Harden though.

Trades are still a thing despite the weak FA class. A few all stars will be changing teams this year like usual. After the Bucks success with Jrue I bet we see more boldness moving forward.

Even then there’s still some solid players who can contribute off the bench. Depth should be the most sought after anyway the way injuries derailed most teams this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, indifference said:

That trio will be much more games together this year than that count of 13. And to be frank, KD really could of played during the regular season but chose not to push himself. Cant say the same for KI and Harden though.

Trades are still a thing despite the weak FA class. A few all stars will be changing teams this year like usual. After the Bucks success with Jrue I bet we see more boldness moving forward.

Even then there’s still some solid players who can contribute off the bench. Depth should be the most sought after anyway the way injuries derailed most teams this year. 

We'll have to see it first, the reality is they only played 13 games together all year. Durant's 33 years old and is coming off of one of the worst injuries you can have. Harden is 32, played half the season, and was still injured when the playoffs started. He also doesn't seem to be a guy that takes great care of his body, dude looked chubby af this year and is constantly partying. Kyrie's slight frame will always make him injury prone. 

Trades are definitely a thing but to acquire an All-Star you also have to have the assets to send back in return for that player. The Bucks were already near title contention before Jrue and had a budding superstar MVP in Giannis. There really isn't any other team that has a young superstar and the trade assets to acquire another superstar without gutting the rest of the roster. And what superstars are even likely to be traded this year? Damian Lillard, Ben Simmons, and Brad Beal? 

The only team that I can realistically see making a big trade that elevates them to a championship level team is the 76ers if they're able to net Beal or Lillard in a Simmons deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@indifference you do have a point though. 

The last 3 NBA champions all made a big trade in the off-season for a player that elevated them to a title.

The Raptors traded for Kawhi Leonard and then got over the hump. But they were the #1 seed the previous year, LeBron left for LA, the Warriors got hurt, and the Leonard trade is one of the biggest outliers in NBA history because he was legit refusing to play in San Antonio and bounced immediately. IIRC the Spurs were also refusing to trade him to a team in the West. 

The Lakers traded for Anthony Davis and then got over the hump. But they already had LeBron and won it during the bubble/covid season where they had 5 months to rest before the playoffs.

The Bucks traded for Jrue Holiday and then got over the hump. But they already had Giannis, were the #1 seed last year, and were in the ECF the year before that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We'll have to see it first, the reality is they only played 13 games together all year. Durant's 33 years old and is coming off of one of the worst injuries you can have. Harden is 32, played half the season, and was still injured when the playoffs started. He also doesn't seem to be a guy that takes great care of his body, dude looked chubby af this year and is constantly partying. Kyrie's slight frame will always make him injury prone. 

Trades are definitely a thing but to acquire an All-Star you also have to have the assets to send back in return for that player. The Bucks were already near title contention before Jrue and had a budding superstar MVP in Giannis. There really isn't any other team that has a young superstar and the trade assets to acquire another superstar without gutting the rest of the roster. And what superstars are even likely to be traded this year? Damian Lillard, Ben Simmons, and Brad Beal? 

The only team that I can realistically see making a big trade that elevates them to a championship level team is the 76ers if they're able to net Beal or Lillard in a Simmons deal. 

Harden is in Miami working out currently, maybe he’s off the strip club wings diet. That remains to be seen. After seeing Giannis get a ring before him he should be more motivated to get right. He also took a subtle shot at him for the request trade comment

Nets will be hungrier than ever, and I hope they falter.

 

im hoping Sixers can get Dame because I think they could make a deeper run with dame. Bradley Beal to the Warriors would be interesting, I seen some rumors about that swirling around. I think the Heat will try to make a splash too on an another piece. I think they get back to finals with Jimmy Bam and a third legit option. Aug 2nd couldnt come any sooner…

Edited by indifference
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...