NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Unfortunately, it's also true that the player is beginning to slow down as injuries begin to take their toll - which you hate to see in a player so young with such a vibrant future.......ultimately unable to realize their (star?) potential because they just cant stay healthy. Oh well. What are you gonna do? Sorry dude  :)

Mitchell's 24 years old putting up Michael Jordan level performances in the playoffs. In Jordan's first playoff appearance he shot 43% FG in his third playoff appearance he shot 41% FG. Dude must have sucked. 

LeBron James missed 27 games in year 1 with the Lakers due to injury and the team missed the playoffs. He also missed 27 games in year 3 and the team was eliminated in the first round. The one outlier year where he didn't get injured and they made a deep run was the bubble season where he had 4 months to rest before the playoffs. Not looking good in Lakers town. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jerry West brought back Batum, Jackson, Kawhi and somehow landed Keon Johnson in the draft now Justise Winslow in free agency?

tenor.gif

I know Jerry is the easy guy to mention, but he's only a consultant. I'm sure his opinion holds a lot of weight with them, but their president of basketball operations is Lawrence Frank and general manager is Michael Winger. Credit to them.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So, Clippers got Reggie Jackson 11 million and Batum for the minimum which was a total steal. I like Winslow less if its on the TPMLE rather than minimum, but with Kawhi out its still nice to add a depth wing who can defend.

Clippers did good.

Justise going to revive his career with the Clippers. Batum/Reggie were viewed as washed before they landed there on minimums. Jerry West is legit the GOAT of roster building. Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Jazz should hire him.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know Jerry is the easy guy to mention, but he's only a consultant. I'm sure his opinion holds a lot of weight with them, but their president of basketball operations is Lawrence Frank and general manager is Michael Winger. Credit to them.

Jerry was with the Lakers until '02 what happened when he left? Was with the Warrior until '17, what happened when he left? Dude is clearly the puppet master pulling all of the strings. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Justise going to revive his career with the Clippers. Batum/Reggie were viewed as washed before they landed there on minimums. Jerry West is legit the GOAT of roster building. Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Jazz should hire him.

I wanted Batum lol. I thought he could turn it around on a contender.

And, Mann needs to play more.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jerry was with the Lakers until '02 what happened when he left? Was with the Warrior until '17, what happened when he left? Dude is clearly the puppet master pulling all of the strings. 

Him and Bird are probably the two GOAT basketball minds. They understand the game on every level.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He definitely deserves his flowers, but I'm not ignoring the guys in the higher positions.