NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

lol at Shannon asking him if it would be difficult to play with LeBron and AD. Like man, I've been running with Keldon Johnson and Jakob Poeltl for the last 2 seasons, lol.

I can't believe the Lakers fans projecting Lowry at a MLE whether it was the full or tax payer lol smh.

Lowry already won a title with the Raptors. Meanwhile DeMar had to be traded and watch his former team win it.

LA is home to DeMar. It isn't for Kyle.

DeRozan is also younger. Lowry turned 35 months ago now. If he wants that $$$ he better sign for it this off-season.

But, yeah hopefully he's willing to come.

He's not a perfect player but if he's willing to sign for the MLE you take him without question.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The NBA was the one who was pushing for the accelerated schedule.  Blame them.

I know, it's just weird because teams are going to have to rush to make decisions this year, at least more so then they would in a regular off-season. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's not a perfect player but if he's willing to sign for the MLE you take him without question.

I'd assume that a S&T is more likely because a team like the Mavericks or Heat can give him a pretty solid deal. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I know, it's just weird because teams are going to have to rush to make decisions this year, at least more so then they would in a regular off-season. 

Teams are still having discussions.  They just can't finalize trades.  Most teams have been in offseason mode for months now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I can't believe the Lakers fans projecting Lowry at a MLE whether it was the full or tax payer lol smh.

Lowry already won a title with the Raptors. Meanwhile DeMar had to be traded and watch his former team win it.

LA is home to DeMar. It isn't for Kyle.

DeRozan is also younger. Lowry turned 35 months ago now. If he wants that $$$ he better sign for it this off-season.

But, yeah hopefully he's willing to come.

DeRozan would probably pick the Lakers if the money was the same, but how many players sign for significantly less?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Teams are still having discussions.  They just can't finalize trades.  Most teams have been in offseason mode for months now.

Yeah I get that but for a players like Beal and Simmons, if they're going to be traded it makes much more sense to agree to a deal before or during the draft. Because those draft assets become significantly less valuable as soon as they become players.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only way DeRozan to the Lakers would work would be if he took a significant pay cut, MLE ($7M?) or if it was a S&T? @CWood21 @Leader @TheRealMcCoy

Kuzma + Harrell for DeRozan on a 2 yr/$45M deal?

No trade. If you're gonna do a trade then go after Hield.

My hope would be the tax payer MLE cause it wouldn't hard cap us like the full MLE, but not sure he would be willing to accept that much of a discount. I believe the full MLE is 9.5 million and tax payer is 5.8.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

My hope would be the tax payer MLE cause it wouldn't hard cap us like the full MLE, but not sure he would be willing to accept that much of a discount. I believe the full MLE is 9.5 million and tax payer is 5.8.

The Clippers are reportedly willing to offer some combination of Beverly, Zubiac, and Kennard in a S&T. Which means they'd be able to give him $20M+ and with Kawhi being out for the year he'd have a big role for a title contending team in LA. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, there's virtually no chance DeRozan agrees to a taxpayer MLE.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Clippers are reportedly willing to offer some combination of Beverly, Zubiac, and Kennard in a S&T. Which means they'd be able to give him $20M+ and with Kawhi being out for the year he'd have a big role for a title contending team in LA. 

So an expiring contract, an average C who you bench in the playoffs, and a bad contract.  I anticipate the Spurs are tripping over themselves.  Pretty sure it doesn't even work since they'd be hard capped and I'm pretty sure their right at (or above) the apron.

24 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Would easily be the best big on the Cavs 😂but anyways 

Pelicans got best player in the deal, dumped two bad contracts, and only moved back 7 spots and gave up a 2nd and pick next year between 20-30.

Pretty low bar there 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

DeRozan would probably pick the Lakers if the money was the same, but how many players sign for significantly less?

Not many, man, but every situation is different and I think DeRozan really wants to win (as indicated by his comments in the Shannon Sharpe interview). I think seeing the team he helped build up go on to win a chip the year he was traded to SA really hurt. Losing in the first round his first year in SA and not making the playoffs must have been a bummer for him.

I also don't think he's too old like Lowry where he has to hunt that 2-3 year contract on good money this year. He'll probably still have that deal waiting for him after a good season with the Lakers and he gets to ring chase this year.