NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

So an expiring contract, an average C who you bench in the playoffs, and a bad contract.  I anticipate the Spurs are tripping over themselves.  Pretty sure it doesn't even work since they'd be hard capped and I'm pretty sure their right at (or above) the apron.

Greg Pop looks like he's coaching at Hogwarts at this point, so senial he just might do it. The Spurs were the worst 3 point shooting team in the league last season. If the Clippers were willing to include Morris/Kennard I'm sure that's something that'd be appealing to the Spurs. They only have $59M on the books this year and DeRozan is outta there either way.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not many, man, but every situation is different and I think DeRozan really wants to win (as indicated by his comments in the Shannon Sharpe interview). I think seeing the team he helped build up go on to win a chip the year he was traded to SA really hurt. Losing in the first round his first year in SA and not making the playoffs must have been a bummer for him.

I also don't think he's too old like Lowry where he has to hunt that 2-3 year contract on good money this year. He'll probably still have that deal waiting for him after a good season with the Lakers and he gets to ring chase this year.

I mean, if it were ~$15M to sign with the Lakers or $18M playing for the Hornets that'd be one thing.  But we're probably talking about a $10M/year difference.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Greg Pop looks like he's coaching at Hogwarts at this point, so senial he just might do it. The Spurs were the worst 3 point shooting team in the league last season. If the Clippers were willing to include Morris/Kennard I'm sure that's something that'd be appealing to the Spurs. They only have $59M on the books this year and DeRozan is outta there either way.

He's old, not stupid.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I also don't think he's too old like Lowry where he has to hunt that 2-3 year contract on good money this year. He'll probably still have that deal waiting for him after a good season with the Lakers and he gets to ring chase this year.

Couldn't the Clippers offer Morris + Kennard in a S&T? He gets paid, plays in LA, and is on a contender...

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, there's virtually no chance DeRozan agrees to a taxpayer MLE.

I said my hope. I didn't say it was realistic lol. Him taking a deep discount to play here for 1 year is still more realistic than a lot of what Lakers fans are trying to hope for though. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I said my hope. I didn't say it was realistic lol. Him taking a deep discount to play here for 1 year is still more realistic than a lot of what Lakers fans are trying to hope for though. 

As I said the Clippers need to trick Kawhi into opting in then trade his arse back to the Spurs to rehab for Keldon and DeMar. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if it were ~$15M to sign with the Lakers or $18M playing for the Hornets that'd be one thing.  But we're probably talking about a $10M/year difference.

Dallas seems like a logical fit, they have the cap space, gets to play with Luka, fits well with their team.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Westbrook, DeRozan, Buddy or run it back with Dennis

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Couldn't the Clippers offer Morris + Kennard in a S&T? He gets paid, plays in LA, and is on a contender...

Don't they love Morris though?

He's a role player that comes in VERY handy, especially in the playoffs. He can guard multiple positions, work in the mid range and hit 3s at a good rate. Not a huge sample last year, but he shot just under 300 3PTs at a rate of over 5 a game for 47%. DeMar shot 25% from 3PT on barely over 1 per game.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don't they love Morris though?

He's a role player that comes in VERY handy, especially in the playoffs. He can guard multiple positions, work in the mid range and hit 3s at a good rate. Not a huge sample last year, but he shot just under 300 3PTs at a rate of over 5 a game for 47%. DeMar shot 25% from 3PT on barely over 1 per game.

I'm sure they do love Morris but Kawhi being out for all of next season changes their entire outlook. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Lakers were 25th in 3PM and DeMar made 19 3's in 61 games last season at a 25% clip. Nice. 

It's why I'd rather get Hield. 

If DeMar is willing to come for cheap for a year, then you take him no question even with the fit concerns.

But, if Dallas wants to pay him a lot of $, then they can go ahead and do that lol.