NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who Adams? Because he isn’t. He’s an average player. He hasn’t been really good in like 4 years. He can’t move. Has no offensive skill set. He’s just a strong big who can’t block shots and dunk. Nothing special. 

Adams is an average rebounder and just an okay shot blocker. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whatever.

Is there actual conversation between player and team about this?

Why you saying whatever? I'm just helping you out lol. This isn't like me criticizing your tendency to state the obvious or copy/past tweets instead of just posting the link which embeds by itself.

And, we have no idea, but there is probably interest on both DeMar and the Laker's part.

It just comes down to what we are willing to give him. I don't think we do a S&T and hard cap ourselves for something between 15-20 million. Maybe we hard cap ourselves if he's willing to take the full MLE for 9.5. The hope would be he takes the tax payer MLE which doesn't hard cap us, but that is a dream scenario that DeMar would have to be willing to take a big loss on pay for a year to ring chase.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

The hope would be he takes the tax payer MLE which doesn't hard cap us, but that is a dream scenario that DeMar would have to be willing to take a big loss on pay for a year to ring chase.

Dennis, DeMar, LeBron, Kuzma, and AD. Spacing would set back the sport 60 years. 

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why you saying whatever? I'm just helping you out lol. This isn't like me criticizing your tendency to state the obvious or copy/past tweets instead of just posting the link which embeds by itself.

Why do you even bother responding when all you do is troll me? You're wasting both our times with that stuff.

Thanks for the actual response to my question. Have a nice day!

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don’t really understand what the Grizzlies got out of that trade?  Losing Jonas for moving up just 7 spots plus you have to take on those two contracts?

Bledsoe's deal is only a 1 year deal, he only has $3M guaranteed in 2022-2023. Adams is only on a 2 year deal, so while a downgrade from Jonas, it's not a long-term commitment and Jonas is going to get paid next off-season. Bledsoe's deal could actually prove to be a pretty valuable trade chip for them because it's essentially an expiring deal. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bigger thing with DeRozan and the Mavs is more defense than anything. @NYRaider

The best case scenario for the Lakers is probably praying DeRozan takes the paycut, trading Kuzma for Buddy, and letting Dennis walk. 

LeBron - Buddy - KCP - DeRozan - AD 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The best case scenario for the Lakers is probably praying DeRozan takes the paycut, trading Kuzma for Buddy, and letting Dennis walk. 

We ain't starting both Buddy and DeMar with their defense.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I can’t imagine Lebron playing full time PG anymore.  

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t really understand what the Grizzlies got out of that trade?  Losing Jonas for moving up just 7 spots plus you have to take on those two contracts?

Memphis also has 3 1st round picks in 2022. Their own pick, the Lakers pick, and the Jazz pick. I'm sure they can potentially package those picks to get something of value with Bledsoe's expiring deal.