NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

With what we've seen the last 3 years, if I'm Philadelphia I'm doing everything in my power to move Simmons and acquire either Brad Beal or Dame Lillard. 

In a potential Dame deal ideally they'd keep Thybulle and in a potential Beal deal they'd ideally call Kyle Lowry and tell him to come home to Philly to ring chase. 

• Like 1

What is attractive about Simmons to Portland though? Might be the best they can hope to get for Dame but I wouldn't be real eager to move him if that's what is on the table.

Just now, indifference said:

Nets will be hungrier than ever, and I hope they falter.

im hoping Sixers can get Dame because I think they could make a deeper run with Simmons. Bradley Beal to the Warriors would be interesting, I seen some rumors about that swirling around. I think the Heat will try to make a splash too on an another piece. I think they get back to finals with Jimmy Bam and a third legit option. Aug 2nd couldnt come any sooner…

I'm sure they will be but the cupboard is pretty bare outside of the big 3 + Harris. Will be interesting to see what ring chasers they can bring in to compliment those guys, especially since they're going to have to implement load management during the regular season to be healthy when the playoffs start. 

Philly acquiring Dame would definitely put them right there in the mix at the top, especially if they keep Thybulle. Beal to the Warriors would be interesting but don't really love the fit. And the Heat are always aggressive but with Duncan/Nunn entering free agency the only trade assets they have are Herro, Precious, and late 1st round picks unless they're willing to move Bam. 

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

What is attractive about Simmons to Portland though? Might be the best they can hope to get for Dame but I wouldn't be real eager to move him if that's what is on the table.

Portland just is so bad defensively. Simmons would help in that way, and in addition get a player like Maxey and Thybulle with some future picks I think they should be OK with it. Sixers have a ton of talent to choose from and tbh need to just blow it up because it aint working. Rebuild

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure they will be but the cupboard is pretty bare outside of the big 3 + Harris. Will be interesting to see what ring chasers they can bring in to compliment those guys, especially since they're going to have to implement load management during the regular season to be healthy when the playoffs start. 

Philly acquiring Dame would definitely put them right there in the mix at the top, especially if they keep Thybulle. Beal to the Warriors would be interesting but don't really love the fit. And the Heat are always aggressive but with Duncan/Nunn entering free agency the only trade assets they have are Herro, Precious, and late 1st round picks unless they're willing to move Bam. 

Aye didnt the Heat almost trade for Harden but didnt wanna give up herro? Crazy, we’ll see if they made the right decision but man good luck to them fetching something of that caliber now.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He's 25 years old and one of the best playmakers/defenders in the league. Philly hasn't won a title obviously but they've been a game away from the ECF 2/3 years with Benny. I know his FT struggles were an issue but lets not act like he sucks, he has been a 3x All-Star, All-NBA, All-NBA defense, and was 2nd in DPOY voting this season. Plus he's under contract for 4 more years and Portland is a small market team that isn't going to attract star talent in free agency. 

I'd assume the framework for a deal would be Simmons, Thybulle, and draft assets for Dame. The Blazers would be acquiring two of the best perimeter defenders in the league. 

Assuming they're able to retain Norman Powell in free agency they'd be able to play Simmons like a super charged version of Draymond Green as a point forward surrounded by shooters while also having a ton of defensive versatility with guys like RoCo and Thybulle. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Portland just is so bad defensively. Simmons would help in that way, and in addition get a player like Maxey and Thybulle with some future picks I think they should be OK with it. Sixers have a ton of talent to choose from and tbh need to just blow it up because it aint working. Rebuild

In clutch time a potential lineup of: 

McCollum - Powell - Thybulle - RoCo - Simmons

Would be tough on both ends of the floor assuming Benny can hit FT at 60%+ like he has during his entire career before these playoffs. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

In clutch time a potential lineup of: 

McCollum - Powell - Thybulle - RoCo - Simmons

Would be tough on both ends of the floor assuming Benny can hit FT at 60%+ like he has during his entire career before these playoffs. 

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Aye didnt the Heat almost trade for Harden but didnt wanna give up herro? Crazy, we’ll see if they made the right decision but man good luck to them fetching something of that caliber now.

Pat Riley thought the boy wonder was too valuable to part ways with to acquire Harden. He was worried about Harden's love for strip clubs and being in Miami, little did he know Herro is also frequenting those same clubs.

25 minutes ago, indifference said:

thats a dumb decision regardless.  heat dropped the ball. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The national media heads talking like the salary cap doesn’t exist every offseason cracks me up. 

Or like superstars outside of James Harden can be acquired via trade for virtually nothing. 

• Like 1

Portland should not be interested in Simmons at all in a potential Lillard deal. If they trade Lillard, then it is a reset. Young players and picks only.

If they trade McCollum and keep Lillard, then Simmons makes a lot of sense.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Portland should not be interested in Simmons at all in a potential Lillard deal. If they trade Lillard, then it is a reset. Young players and picks only.

Simmons is 25, Thybulle is 24, Maxey is 20. Two of them were All-NBA defenders this year. 

Of the 5 teams rumored to be the most aggressive suitors (Rockets, Kings, Knicks, 76ers, Heat) who can offer a better package? 

The Knicks can offer a package built around RJ Barrett, the Heat can offer a package built around Herro, the Kings can offer a package built around Haliburton?, and the Rockets can offer a package built around Wood/KPJ unless they're going to send the #2 pick. 

• Like 1