NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, those are their targets if they stay put. If they can't get a star with their picks like they want, Memphis can offer good veterans that would help them and they'd only move back 3 spots.

Yeah, they would probably go from Moody/Boku to like Wagner?

Not sure who else at 10 would interest them. I know they really like Duarte, but he can probably be had at 14.

David Griffin hopes to make a huge offer to veteran free agent point guard Kyle Lowry, sources say, in an effort to import the type of leadership that Chris Paul brought to the Suns last year in morphing them into contenders. Green fits with that plan. He and Suns coach Monty Williams are deeply aligned and have the same relationship-based approach to coaching. Williams and Green were teammates in Philadelphia 18 years ago, then Green played for Williams in New Orleans a decade ago

@amac @MookieMonstah

7 minutes ago, amac said:

Yeah that seems to have been the persistent rumor. Be a really nice starting 5 if we got Lowry, whether we keep Lonzo or not

Also with what Lowry is reportedly seeking in FA I can't imagine that you'd be able to sign both. Get the band back together and go after Danny Green, think he'd be a perfect fit next to Lowry. Or go after someone like Reggie Bullock. 

Lowry - Green - Ingram - Zion - Jonas 

If the Pelicans were to sign Lowry and then someone like Danny Green, they really could make a huge leap next season, especially if Zion/Ingram continue to improve. Bring back Josh Hart, pray that Kira Lewis Jr, NAW, and Hayes can all make a leap too. 

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You were right. @NYRaider

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't see the fit for either side tbh. What use would Philly have for Wiseman and Simmons/Green is redundant. 

Posted it in the wrong thread, so moving it back here.

But, I agree with you.

You know where Simmons a non-shooting PG (Point Forward) would be a great fit playing with?

Donovan Mitchell and the rest of the Jazz who are one of the top shooting teams.

One of the things you guys really lacked was wings who could defend and Ben can do that at an All-NBA level. Gobert and him on defense would be ridiculous lol. Probably could help get you out in transition more too.

I'd also like to see Simmons go to Minnesota too.

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You know where Simmons a non-shooting PG (Point Forward) would be a great fit playing with?

Donovan Mitchell and the rest of the Jazz who are one of the top shooting teams.

One of the things you guys really lacked was wings who could defend and Ben can do that at an All-NBA level. Gobert and him on defense would be ridiculous lol. Probably could help get you out in transition more too.

Rudy Gobert and Ben Simmons playing big minutes together would set our spacing back to the 1920s. Even with other great shooters at the other 3 spots having two guys that are useless outside of 3 feet would hurt our offense so much. He's not a great fit with Embiid and Embiid can at least operate in the mid-range and occasionally hit a 3.