NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Cleveland is in win now mode and has more needs than one. That’s a better offer than most historically 

Win now?  They're not even close to being a win-now team.  They don't even have a franchise player.  That's a pick in the next tier alongside two mid-FRPs plus another FRP a year from now from a team that made it to the NBA Finals.  It might be better off in terms of quantity, but it's an awful offer in terms of quality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I wish LeBron would read his replies after he responded to Cuffs again last week and saw all the screenshots of his tweets people were replying with smh.

Cuffs has some awful tweets from years past. Hate how NBA players give that bum attention. Easily the worst part of NBA Twitter. 

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Win now?  They're not even close to being a win-now team.  They don't even have a franchise player.  That's a pick in the next tier alongside two mid-FRPs plus another FRP a year from now from a team that made it to the NBA Finals.  It might be better off in terms of quantity, but it's an awful offer in terms of quality.

Agreed. The moves Cleveland makes this off-season will define their team's identity for the foreseeable future and if they screw it up Kolby's getting fired soon. They need a "guy" not 3 more young players with their group of young players that don't really fit that well together. The difference between landing a prospect like Evan Mobley and James Bouknight is massive. The only way I'd give up #3 if I'm OKC is if I'm getting SGA back. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. The moves Cleveland makes this off-season will define their team's identity for the foreseeable future and if they screw it up Kolby's getting fired soon. They need a "guy" not 3 more young players with their group of young players that don't really fit that well together. The difference between landing a prospect like Evan Mobley and James Bouknight is massive. The only way I'd give up #3 if I'm OKC is if I'm getting SGA back. 

The gap isn't that big between the two picks.  The problem is the Thunder have a TON of picks, but none of them are overly valuable.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Their odds of getting a star player are greater with all of those picks than just #3. And Darius Bazley could be a good player for them.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The gap isn't that big between the two picks.  The problem is the Thunder have a TON of picks, but none of them are overly valuable.

In this years draft I'd say the gap between 3/6 is pretty massive. Cade, Green, and Mobley are all legit prospects that would be the #1 pick in most classes. It'd be like trading Luka Doncic for Mo Bamba, Zhaire Smith, and Lonnie Walker. 

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Their odds of getting a star player are greater with all of those picks than just #3. And Darius Bazley could be a good player for them.

Then the Thunder's analytics team should use those picks to find stars. Just like how they found one of the greatest prospects in draft history at #17 last year and they only had to give up Ricky Rubio. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

In this years draft I'd say the gap between 3/6 is pretty massive. Cade, Green, and Mobley are all legit prospects that would be the #1 pick in most classes. It'd be like trading Luka Doncic for Mo Bamba, Zhaire Smith, and Lonnie Walker. 

Personally, I see a gap between 1 and 2, and then there's a gap between 3 and 4.  And then 6 and beyond.  I don't think Mobley is a Luka Doncic-caliber of player.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Personally, I see a gap between 1 and 2, and then there's a gap between 3 and 4.  And then 6 and beyond.  I don't think Mobley is a Luka Doncic-caliber of player.

I don't think there's a huge gap between Cade, Mobley, and Green. They're tier 1, then there's a drop off with Suggs, Kuminga, and Barnes being tier 2, then it's basically a crap shoot. 

I think Mobley has the potential to win a couple of DPOY awards while also being a 20+ ppg scorer. He can pretty much be like a 7 foot version of Bam. 

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Fair enough lol we’re gonna get Bouknight probably these teams are too stingy and their gms are too scared to do a deal with Sam 

Other than Serge Ibaka has Sam Presti ever made a good pick outside of the top 4?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think there's a huge gap between Cade, Mobley, and Green. They're tier 1, then there's a drop off with Suggs, Kuminga, and Barnes being tier 2, then it's basically a crap shoot. 

I think Mobley has the potential to win a couple of DPOY awards while also being a 20+ ppg scorer. He can pretty much be like a 7 foot version of Bam. 

If you're looking purely at upside, sure.  But you also have to weigh in their floors as well.  Cade Cunningham is Brandon Roy.  He's going to be in the NBA for a LONG time.  He may never be the #1 on a championship team, but he's going to be a star in the NBA.  What is Green's floor?  You don't have a clear consensus #1 prospect, yet have players graded out in the same tier.  Cunningham is in a tier to his own.  Green and Mobley are in that next tier, and I think you almost certainly have to take Green given the way the NBA has trended.  If you want to argue there's a bigger gap between Mobley/Green and Kaminga/Suggs/Barnes then between Cunningham and Mobley/Green, I'd absolutely agree.