NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I agree. The people that actually follow the draft may have had those takes, but the media didn't. Just like this year, the people who actually follow the draft don't have Cade as the #1 prospect by a mile, a lot of people have Green and/or Mobley graded higher. 

Right, I have them all on the same tier and have a slight lean towards Mobley.

30 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think Green's floor is significantly lower.  The numbers he put up and the way he looked like the best player in the league against fringe and young NBA players raises his floor a lot IMO.  His ability to hit the three at a 36% clip from NBA range raises his floor.  I think Cade has a higher floor, but not by much.  Kuminga is very much the high ceiling/really low floor prospect but Green is not.  

If Green went to college, and showed out on TV against Big12 competition, more people would be talking about him as the #1 prospect. 

Me either. Green is going to be in the 99th percentile of athleticism, he has Ja Morant's quickness/body control and Zach LaVine's bounce. He's a special athlete with a great feel for the game that shot the 3 ball well (will need to improve there) and flashed special ability creating offense off the bounce. Reminds me a lot of when Zion Williamson was coming out and people said "well he won't be able to do that against NBA players." Like yes he will, Green is a freak athlete amongst freak athletes. 

And I agree, the biggest knock on Jalen Green is that people haven't seen him play. Which was the same reason that guys like LaMelo Ball and Luka Doncic also fell in the draft. 

Speaking of LaMelo Ball, I think his path to the NBA and the expectations people had for him coming in share a lot of parallels with Jalen Green. Ball was being prepped to be a "guy" in the NBA from a young age with his own reality TV show, shoe deal, and playing professionally instead of going to college. Green had a reality TV show on OverTime following his senior season of HS and then went the pro route. I think him being out of sight, out of mind also lowered expectations for him coming in so when he did ball out everyone was like damn this kid can play. Jalen will be in a similar situation next season, all of the eyes and pressure is on Cade. If he's not LeBron/Luka then he's a disappointment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Right, I have them all on the same tier and have a slight lean towards Mobley.

They're all good prospects, I just like Green the best. But comparing the 3 is like comparing apples to oranges. If all 3 hit their ceiling I think Green is a scoring champ, if Cade hits his ceiling he's probably Joe Johnson/Brandon Roy, and if Mobley hits his ceiling he's probably AD-Lite/Bigger Bam. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/andrew-wiggins-next-lebron-2013-5

No. 1-ranked high school basketball prospect Andrew Wiggins committed to Kansas today.

The 18-year-old from Toronto is widely considered the best high school prospect in years. Some say he's the best since Greg Oden in 2007, while more bullish scouts say you have to go back to LeBron James in 2003.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/2018-nba-mock-draft-deandre-ayton-clearly-top-player-available

"DeAndre is clearly the top player available." 

Edited by NYRaider

A trade for Ben Simmons remains highly unlikely for the Wolves. League sources say Daryl Morey continues to ask for a king’s ransom for Simmons. So far, he has not found any takers. Will the asking price drop?

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Okay, Philadelphia is nuts. Even if Wiseman isn't a need for you, flip him for another 1st. I'm sure there's plenty of teams that would gladly send them a 1st this season or next for Wiseman.

Hell, I'd send #10 for him and #28.