NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Why? They traded a $13M expiring deal for an $18M expiring deal. I think it's more of an indicator that Minnesota is trying to clear some space for a potential Ben Simmons trade. 

No reason for him, Garland and Rubio but yeah I didn't consider that.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers had almost zero trade assets and acquired Mr. Triple Double, former MVP, and former NBA finals participant Russell Westbrook. He'll take a huge load off of LeBron having to carry their offense in the regular season and shot the 3 at the same rate/clip as Schroder last season. Bring back Danny Green Beam and I think they'll be pretty good.

Maybe swing a deal for Buddy Hield.. sign and trade Drummond for Hield.   

Wes Matthew and Macklemore are decent shooters, bring them back for cheap. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rubio gonna be tossing lobs to Mobley.

Rubio is on an expiring deal as well though and an even worse fit next to Garland than Sexton. This move created $5M in cap space for the Wolves who are currently in discussions with Philly about a Ben Simmons deal. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Maybe swing a deal for Buddy Hield.. sign and trade Drummond for Hield.   

Wes Matthew and Macklemore are decent shooters, bring them back for cheap. 

The Lakers gonna have $200M in cap?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No reason for him, Garland and Rubio but yeah I didn't consider that.

Rubio is on an expiring deal that could be a pretty valuable trade piece at the deadline, especially since teams will be looking to clear as much cap as possible for next years free agency class. The Cavaliers also wanted to dump long-term salary to keep cap flexibility when making their decisions on extending Sexton/Allen. So I don't really think them trading for Rubio really has much to do with Sexton.

• Like 1