NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Maybe, but not likely. We don’t have much to give up of value that isn’t a young piece of our core team.  Just seems odd.  Drop 20 spots to dump a decent player on a solid contract is weird.  We probably will blow anything we have in space on overpriced role players trying to be starters and having it fail. 

You might be taking on deals with draft capital attached to them so other teams can make trades work. 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also @Kip Smithers why would the Lakers be making moves in response to a team that didn't even make the conference finals?

Oh because, maybe, just maybe, the best team doesn’t always make the finals and there are exceptions to the rule. Lakers being proactive rather than reactive. You and this conference finals talk, let it go. You’re like the only person on here hanging on to that. 

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are we going to assume that if that just stood pat that a 37 year old LeBron would be able to stay healthy with another short off-season and an 82 game season? When he has missed significant time in 2/3 years with the Lakers? 

He suffered a benign and random injury. Hinging on injuries for a guy that isn’t often injured is a futile exercise. Injuries can happen to anybody. Stop being obtuse.

21 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He suffered a benign and random injury. Hinging on injuries for a guy that isn’t often injured is a futile exercise. Injuries can happen to anybody. Stop being obtuse.

So we should just assume as LeBron gets older he will become more durable when he has missed 1/3 the season in 2/3 years in LA? And the only year he was healthy in the postseason was when they had a 4 month break due to covid. Got it, you're right.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, CWood21 said:

Your inability to understand basic NBA concepts is astounding.  But continue to let your trolling ways cloud your judgement.  I'll explain it again since you clearly weren't paying attention the first time.  Right now, players are NOT allowed to discuss contracts with any other teams aside from the team their current contract is set to expire.  So based on that fact alone, the Wizards would have ZERO idea of what they'd need to get Dennis Schroder and Talen Horton-Tucker to agree in order to agree to be dealt to Washington as a S&T.  And given that they BOTH need to agree to a S&T in order for a deal to be consummated, there's even more question because if one of them says no to being S&Ted to Washington, the deal falls apart.  But then there's also that nasty (for a lack of a better term) BYC clause that limits the trade value of Dennis Schroder and THT.  Because of that, you couldn't include Schroder as part of the deal with his Y1 salary being greater than $18.6M without affecting how his salary would affect the trade.  And it's even tougher with THT.

YOUR INABILITY TO UNDERSTAND BASIC CONCEPTS IS ASTOUNDING.

• Like 1

The Lakers weren’t a great 3pt shooting team and got worst with Russ. I’m a fan of Russ too but the Lakers “Big 3” idk. I do know Russ rarely ever miss games and he gives his all no matter what. Plus I do trust him with the ball more than any other guy on the Lakers outside of LeBron and I think LeBron won’t have any issues trusting Russ handling the ball to take the pressure off of him. I just don’t think the shooting got better especially from 3 and plus Russ I don’t believe is a great FT shooter. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So we should just assume as LeBron gets older he will become more durable when he has missed 1/3 the season in 2/3 years in LA? And the only year he was healthy in the postseason was when they had a 4 month break due to covid. Got it, you're right.

No Im trusting the fact that Lebron has rarely gotten injured. Last season before the break he was fine and didnt get hurt up until that point. He was also fine until a freak injury where somebody rolled on his ankle. Guess we should start forecasting and accounting for ankles being rolled over now.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No Im trusting the fact that Lebron has rarely gotten injured. Last season before the break he was fine and didnt get hurt up until that point. He was also fine until a freak injury where somebody rolled on his ankle. Guess we should start forecasting and accounting for ankles being rolled over now.

You're right, older = more durable

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

The Lakers weren’t a great 3pt shooting team and got worst with Russ. I’m a fan of Russ too but the Lakers “Big 3” idk. I do know Russ rarely ever miss games and he gives his all no matter what. Plus I do trust him with the ball more than any other guy on the Lakers outside of LeBron and I think LeBron won’t have any issues trusting Russ handling the ball to take the pressure off of him. I just don’t think the shooting got better especially from 3 and plus Russ I don’t believe is a great FT shooter. 

Trusting him with the ball in the playoffs is the problem. He sucks in the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

@NYRaiderstop being obtuse? It begs the question....would he still be NYRaider?  :)

Just now, NYRaider said:

I called Westbrick to the Lakers weeks ago while all you Faker fans said it would never happen, lmfao.

Now, now......if I even replied (because I rarely reply to your comments) :) - the furthest I went to discount your claim was "I'll believe it when I see it" (I didnt think their cap situation would allow it).

Now......I'm firmly in the "I believe it" category.
Not sure I like it exactly. That's gonna take some research.

Eventually the Lakers are gonna have to stop getting rid of half their starters and draft picks for just one guy.
It makes filling out the roster with decent players tough.

But....we shall see.