NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Like how the hell do the Warriors think they're landing Beal without including Wiseman in the deal? 

Yeah, you're not getting Beal without giving up Wiseman.

If they want to keep Wiseman, then aim a little lower. Still players that can seriously help that #7 and/or #14 can get you.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Could this seriously be any more vague?

SUGGESTS he MAY be LEANING toward opting in.

He's going to opt in after the season he just had. Who's paying him more? The Bejing Ducks?

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

According to Brad Turner, a reporter for the LA Times who covers the Lakers, Lowry and DeRozan have interest in teaming up again on the Lakers. 

@CWood21 @Leader @TheRealMcCoy

Yeah, I already saw that this morning. My question is how exactly? 

I guess DeRozan could come and take a pay cut and play for the Taxpayer MLE.

Then, how do we get Lowry?

He gonna sign for the vet min? I doubt that even if he does want to team up with DeMar, so my guess is a a S&T that hard caps us.

In most circumstances I'd be against hard capping, but if we are getting both of them, then its worth it I'd say.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:
15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

No one

The only thing I saw was Eric Pincus (a Laker writer) who said he thought that he was leaning towards opting in.

Yep. That's where its stemming from and speaking of Pincus what he said in the same podcast needs to be echoed.

"I'm not in those circles, because NONE of us in the media are... even the best at breaking news like Wojnarowski and Shams Charania and all that. They don't know. They can't know, because the teams are still trying to figure it out. Anyone sharing news of what's going on is distorted anyway, because everyone is playing poker. There is no truth serum. You aren't under oath. There is a lot of manipulation going on at this point in the year."

TAKE

THINGS

WITH

A

GRAIN

OF

SALT

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I already saw that this morning. My question is how exactly? 

Lakers reporters, like their fans, believe they are getting every high profile player available every off-season. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers reporters, like their fans, believe they are getting every high profile player available every off-season. 

Ahem... I'm not the one pretending Lillard is coming to my team lol.

And, what Lakers reporters are those? 

Lakers have the biggest NBA fanbase and therefore tons of casuals/idiots. Most of which don't know what is realistic or how the cap works. 

I don't follow or pay attention to those people and neither should you.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Leverage szn.

Knicks gonna be connected to so many guys lol.

I doubt Kawhi leaves especially with the injury, he'll probably secure the biggest bag possible to stay in LA. But Kawhi is probably the hardest star in the league to gauge in terms of what he's going to do. Wouldn't be shocked to see him sign with Dallas due to his relationship with Nico or in Miami because of Pat Riley and he chance to play with Jimmy/Bam in the East. 

Agreed about the Knicks though every top FA in the league is going to use them as a leverage point, particularly the PG's with guys like Ball, Lowry, Conley, and Paul. Their teams are going to have to pay them because the Knicks have so much damn cap space, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

Gimmie Beal!! 7, 14 Wiggins and Wiseman. I would hate to include Poole in a trade but would if needed 

I like Wiseman but Steph has 3 more years at a high level can’t wait around. Wiggins vastly overrated by a lot of Warrior fans. Draft capital is overrated for a team like the Warriors. 

Go get Beal! He is a great fit in the offense. He would get so many one on one looks and just open looks in general. Finding a rim running center isn’t hard and fill up the rest of the roster with Batum like players. 

Edited by agarcia34

With the 2021 NBA draft fast approaching, word has reached front offices around the league that Wizards All-Star guard Bradley Beal is considering requesting a trade prior to Thursday night’s event. “He knows he has to make a decision before the draft,” one source with direct knowledge of Beal’s thinking told Bleacher Report. For the past year, people familiar with Beal’s dedicated relationship to the Wizards have consistently rebuffed the notion he had interest in playing elsewhere. Yet a second source close to Beal, when contacted by B/R, confirmed the situation is now fluid.