NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

Now need that S&T to bring big bro to the team. Then Lavar can say my boys have NEVA LOST!

Waiting for Beal to go on and request that trade and end up in Golden State.........

So more smoke on the Collin Sexton trade rumors....

Terry Pluto: I’ve heard the Cavs have been trying to pair him with Kevin Love ($60 million over two years) or Taurean Prince ($15 million in 2021-22) to get something decent in return. - Cleveland Plain Dealer

One wildcard: The Cleveland Cavaliers and the No. 3 pick. There has been some debate about what direction the Cavaliers will go on draft night. Mobley has been largely discussed there, as well as the potential of Green and even Suggs. The Cavs are also engaging teams in trade discussions surrounding guard Collin Sexton and hope to move Kevin Love and his remaining $60 million elsewhere, per sources. - Kelly Iko, The Athletic

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now need that S&T to bring big bro to the team. Then Lavar can say my boys have NEVA LOST!

Waiting for Beal to go on and request that trade and end up in Golden State.........

A couple of weeks ago LiAngelo was supposed to play in some summer league type game and then wasn't there. After the game his grandpa (Lavar's dad) said that he was in North Carolina and that the Hornets were going to sign LiAngelo and then go all in after Lonzo in free agency. Everyone brushed it off as him just stirring the pot but there appears to be some legs to those rumors now...

Two sources close to Beal have confirmed that he wants out of Washington and when asked a couple of weeks ago if he was committed to the Wizards long-term he said "no comment." That boy's gone. 

Marc Stein on the Warriors: “The way it was described to me by a team that I’ll just say has been monitoring Golden State very closely is they want a star, the Warriors want a star… But, you know, who doesn’t want a star? Can you package 7 and 14 picks and James Wiseman and get a star? When we’re talking about stars, that’s basically code for Bradley Beal, or Damian Lillard. Are either one of those guys really in play at this draft? It’s probably more Lillard than Beal at this point but I just think the draft might come a step too soon for either one of those guys to be dealt.”

@J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

There are Warrior fans on Twitter that don’t want Beal cause he’s 6’3 lol dudes got spoiled of KD 

I know they just re-did measurements but at the NBA combine (in shoes) Brad Beal was 6'4.75" with a 6'8" wingspan. His defense hasn't been great the last couple of years but he was okay defensively when Washington was a playoff team in '16-17 and '17-18. I do kind of question the fit because they'd have to move Klay Thompson to the 3. But at this point he's probably the best star player the Warriors could land with the assets they have to offer. 

They might be better off zeroing in on a smaller move. A league source recently told The Chronicle that the Warriors are interested in packaging the Nos. 7 and 14 selections for a starting-caliber player, not necessarily an All-Star.

@agarcia34 @J-ALL-DAY

BabyishSpanishFreshwatereel-size_restric

Those boys getting paid @11sanchez11 @DirtyDez

Ayton is eligible for a rookie extension — five-year max deal worth $168 million — this summer after signing a four-year, $40.3-million deal as the top overall pick in the 2018 draft out of Arizona. The max extension wouldn’t kick in until the 2022-23 season, thus giving the Suns some flexibility when it comes to Paul, who has a player option of $44.2 million he can opt into, opt out of to test free agency, or negotiate a multiyear deal with the Suns. According to HoopsHype, Paul, 36, can exercise his player option with Phoenix and extend for “an additional two years for a maximum of $97 million,” giving him $140 million over the next three seasons.

If the Mavs keep KP, then who should be their top target in free agency this year?

I'd love Kawhi, but I think he'd lead them on and stay in LA. That's why I think they should target either DeRozan or Lowry. Maybe even a guy like Norman Powell tbh.

Just now, the lone star said:

If the Mavs keep KP, then who should be their top target in free agency this year?

I'd love Kawhi, but I think he'd lead them on and stay in LA. That's why I think they should target either DeRozan or Lowry. Maybe even a guy like Norman Powell tbh.

The players I've seen the Mavericks linked to include Spencer Dinwiddie, Mike Conley, Norman Powell, John Collins, Richaun Holmes, and Nerlens Noel. I've also read that the Mavericks want to sign a legit 5 to pair with Porzingis and they clearly need another creator so all of those guys make sense. I think bringing Noel back would make sense because he likely won't command a huge deal which would keep the Mavericks cap situation fluid next summer when a lot of top guys are set to hit the open market. 

I think DeMar DeRozan would be a great signing for you guys. He's not a great shooter but he'd take a ton of pressure off of Luka to have the ball in his hands at all times and would allow the Mavericks to have a huge starting 5. DeRozan has kind of went under the radar playing for the Spurs but he was very good last season averaging 22 points/7 assists on 50% FG. If the Mavericks were to resign THJ then sign DeRozan/Noel I think you guys would in a solid spot.

Luka - THJ - DeRozan - KP - Noel 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

BabyishSpanishFreshwatereel-size_restric

Those boys getting paid @11sanchez11 @DirtyDez

Don’t see them paying Ayton until there’s another year of evidence.  They might let Bridges hit RFA next summer and have the ability to match.  Paul is a no brainer.  Payne IDK.  

8 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Don’t see them paying Ayton until there’s another year of evidence.  They might let Bridges hit RFA next summer and have the ability to match.  Paul is a no brainer. Payne IDK.  

As a small market team with Ayton coming off of a historic postseason (IIRC he's the only player ever to average 16+ on 65%+ FG) where the Suns made the finals, I think that they'll extend him now. Not a great look for the organization if they don't extend him and let him test RFA next summer, since he'd likely be signing a 4 yr/$117M offer sheet with someone else that the Suns would then match instead of getting the 5 yr/$158M contract he's eligible to get from the Suns. I can't imagine that Ayton or his camp would be thrilled about the idea of getting 1 less year and missing out on an extra $41M after how big of a role he played in your finals run. 

And for someone like Ayton if the Suns don't want to extend him I could see a situation where he just takes the qualifying offer next off-season, doesn't sign an offer sheet with anyone else, and then enters free agency the following off-season as an unrestricted free agent. Especially if CP3 starts to decline and the Suns aren't able to replicate their postseason success. @DirtyDez

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And I've been fine with this approach. If we can get Sexton or someone like Grant? That would be very solid. It shouldn't just be Beal/Lillard or bust. 

No way should they draft and keep both their picks. At least one of them needs to go for a legitimate starting caliber vet. 

I wonder if the Siakam talks how slowed down or something? Haven't heard anything about that for a minute.