NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If the Jazz can somehow come away with Batum using our MLE and Winslow, Dieng, and Ntilikina on minimum deals I'd be ecstatic. 

PG - Mike Conley | Jared Butler | Frank Ntilikina 

SG - Donovan Mitchell | Jordan Clarkson | Miye Oni

SF - Bojan Bogdanovic | Joe Ingles | Justise Winslow

PF - Royce O'Neale | Nic Batum

C - Rudy Gobert | Gorgi Deing | Udoka Azubukie 

Looks like a first round exit to me.

• Like 1

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Looks like a first round exit to me.

You must have missed our second round exit last year. Donovan Mitchell is ascending superstar, your best player is Mo Bamba. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

We need to stop talking about Lowry being a Sixer.  They're well over the luxury tax, and even if they dealt Simmons as part of a Lowry S&T, they'd still be way over the Apron and the deal wouldn't be allowed.  It's Miami and Dallas.  With New Orleans and the field a very distant 3rd.  As long as Miami can create the necessary cap space or convince Toronto to do a S&T.

Idk move Green to a third team I guess. It’s probably unlikely at this point with Miami and Dallas being much more suitable options but if they both want it I’m sure there is something to be done. 

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

I can see why we made the pick of Barnes over Suggs if it pays off or not remains to be seen I don’t think a bad workout after having seen and watched these guys for so long would have really changed our minds on the draft pick it was probably more about us already really liking Barnes and then becoming that much more impressed with him after meeting him and digging in more deeply. 

I personally think Jalen Suggs was overrated by the media throughout the year. Largely in part to Gonzaga being undefeated, him being the highest ranked recruit to ever go there, and then their tournament run. If you guys like Gary Trent Jr at the 2 and FVV at the 1, it'd also make sense as to why you decided to pass on Suggs. As Barnes develops as a playmaker ideally you'd play him in a point forward type of role so that FVV wouldn't have to be on ball as much. 

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

So I’d imagine Lonzo is an option but not in a complex trade if we want him we’d try and sign him and I’d be alright with this move if we went this way. Honestly to pick Chicago over Toronto simply because it’s an American market is short sighted. I mean if that’s the only reason that’s hilarious. Toronto is a big market team that is treated like a small market team because of where it’s located I understand that and the well Kawhi left argument is lazy I mean he’s the ultimate outlier who simply wanted to go home. 

Toronto is literally the 5th biggest media market in the US, only slightly behind Chicago. And the Raptors have an entire country behind them, not just a city. For a player like Lonzo why does market size matter anyways? He's a role player. 

Miami’s status as the favorite to land Kyle Lowry was only enhanced by the decision to pick up Goran Dragic’s option for next season, league sources say. A sign-and-trade with Toronto for Lowry centered around Dragic’s $19.4MM deal for next season is an obvious route to a deal.

@CWood21 @kyle21121@amac @MookieMonstah

Iggy's was declined but looks like no Lowry to New Orleans. 

Marc Stein: The momentum behind an Andre Iguodala return to Golden State is bubbling strong already after Miami declined Iguodala’s 2021-22 team option. As Warriors owner Joe Lacob told @Anthony Slater: “Now we add a few veterans. We’re going to do that. You’ll see in the next few days.”

@J-ALL-DAY @agarcia34

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

@J-ALL-DAY @agarcia34

Would you guys do that trade?

I wouldn't, not yet at least. I would love the guys coming back but we need Wiggins for any deal consisting of a star or superstar....Would need Moody in all likelihood as well. This is why I don't get why Warriors fans are so upset right now. Like relax and let this play out. A superstar caliber player always becomes available during the season. Trades like this one or for Brogdan/Turner or Grant are not going anywhere. You can't just force trades upon teams for star players when it suits you the best...You have to wait for them to call you or for the player to request a trade. Beal can change his mind at any point about wanting out and then what happens if the Warriors don't have Wiggins to trade? 

Hope Iggy is able to come back and finish his career with the Warriors. Kind of feel like it would be an upset if he didn’t return. Him and Batum or him and Otto Porter would be two ideal pieces 

Edited by agarcia34