NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Leonard could simply opt into his deal for next year, but he could also get a slight pay raise by signing a "1+1" deal - a two-year deal, with a player option for 2022-23 that he'd almost certainly decline so he could sign a long-term contract.

Leonard's salary could start at $39 million next season if he signs a new contract. It would represent a slight pay raise while still putting him in line for a monster, five-year deal in 2022. He'd be eligible to sign a five-year contract worth about $246 million, according to Hollinger.

Secure the bag alert, buddy's going to get a 6 year/285M deal, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I know he's not leaving but risky business from both sides. He's going to sign a 1+1 and miss all of next season then they'll give him that massive 5 yr/$217M extension next summer. So they'll be paying him $50M in 2026-2027 when he's 36 years old. 

If Kevin Durant can secure a max contract off a torn Achilles, Kawhi Leonard is going to secure a max contract coming off a torn ACL.  Which team with max cap space wouldn't offer Kawhi a max contract?  Every single team would in a heartbeat.  He's going to sign a 1+1 and re-evaluate his FA options next year.

Just now, CWood21 said:

If Kevin Durant can secure a max contract off a torn Achilles, Kawhi Leonard is going to secure a max contract coming off a torn ACL.  Which team with max cap space wouldn't offer Kawhi a max contract?  Every single team would in a heartbeat.  He's going to sign a 1+1 and re-evaluate his FA options next year.

I just posted above what his likely plan is, 1+1 and make $39M to sit out this year. Then the Clippers will have his bird rights so he can opt out next summer and sign a new 5 yr/$246M deal. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I just posted above what his likely plan is, 1+1 and make $39M to sit out this year. Then the Clippers will have his bird rights so he can opt out next summer and sign a new 5 yr/$246M deal. 

That wouldn't surprise me.

The Warriors have been subject to rumors of trading away Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, their two 2021 lottery picks — Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody — and possibly even future draft picks. But sources within the Golden State organization told NBC Sports Bay Area that there is only one player they’d be willing to give all of that away for. And that player isn’t even available yet.

No particular name was mentioned, but it’s hard not to assume Washington Wizards star shooting guard Bradley Beal is the aforementioned player. Beal would be a logical addition to the Warrior, and would be someone who could help get them back on top of the Western Conference, if not the NBA. But Beal has denied wanting a trade out of Washington.

@agarcia34 @J-ALL-DAY

Edited by NYRaider

Optimism that Suns, Chris Paul will reach new deal Monday night

Adrian Wojnarowski: Chris Paul has until midnight ET to decide on his $44M player option, but there’s optimism that if he does decide against picking it up that he and the Suns can reach a new deal when free agency opens on Monday night, sources tell ESPN.

@11sanchez11 @DirtyDez

I'm assuming a 3rd team would have to be involved but if the Warriors offered the house for Beal in Wiseman, Wiggins, Moody, Kuminga, what a weird group for the Wizards. 

They'd have at the forward spots:

• Andrew Wiggins

• Jonathan Kuminga

• Moses Moody

• KCP

• Kyle Kuzma

• Aaron Holiday

• Davis Bertans

• Deni Avdija

• Rui Hacimura

• Corey Kispert

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I like Beal. But is he really worth it?

They're in win now mode. Wiseman has potential but he doesn't fit their style of play and they started winning while being better offensively and defensively after he got hurt. Wiggins is a solid player but definitely not worth his contract and Beal is a huge upgrade over him. Kuminga has a ton of potential but he's super raw and Moody can probably give them 10-15 minutes a night as a 3&D guy but won't be a huge contributor this season. 

Steph Curry is an unrestricted free agent next summer. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Exactly what I was saying...And I bet if Beal becomes available they would give most of that up for him as well.

Why do they need to make a trade right now just for some role players when they can trade for those players later in the season? 

After the Warriors sign Kuminga ($5.5M) and Moody ($3.6M) they'd be sending out a ton of salary. I'm assuming a third team would have to be involved because would Washington be able to send out Beal's $34M salary and take back $50M?